The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Shankland’s last goal (I think) in the 5-0 at Tannadice was an absolutely ridiculous bit of control from a long ball.

Gormley’s goal at Starks Park was pretty good as well, thanks in part to the da dragging his wean down the stairs in celebration.

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Anyway, who cares about Tomi and Thistle as we've now got Akheem Rose who'll be getting supply from top quality such as Murphy and McGeady while Amartey causes terror with his direct and powerful running in behind.

#BELIEVE

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the worst Ayr United XI that you could name from say, the last ten years? Plenty of contenders in that timeframe. Would go earlier but you could build a team from the few years of having Watt, Shanks and Connor in charge. 

Oaft! The 04/05 team without a doubt. Bawhair away from relegation from the second division and football that makes Hopkin look like a god in comparison. 

Though under Roberts, we teased the same fate of relegation. He was too busy trying to be one of the boys instead of doing his job. Pants football and crappy players, who were mostly his 'Pals'

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the worst Ayr United XI that you could name from say, the last ten years? Plenty of contenders in that timeframe. Would go earlier but you could build a team from the few years of having Watt, Shanks and Connor in charge. 

Last ten years?

Jack Ruddy

Kevin McKinlay

Fjortoft

Brownlie

Bangala

Zanatta

McStay

Chalmers

Harkins

O'Connell

Maguire

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Shankland’s last goal (I think) in the 5-0 at Tannadice was an absolutely ridiculous bit of control from a long ball.

Gormley’s goal at Starks Park was pretty good as well, thanks in part to the da dragging his wean down the stairs in celebration.

I met Gormley through my work and told him I thought that goal was excellent without even telling him I knew who he was. He was chuffed I recognised him and remembered the goal. 

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Last ten years?

Jack Ruddy

Kevin McKinlay

Fjortoft

Brownlie

Bangala

Zanatta

McStay

Chalmers

Harkins

O'Connell

Maguire

I'm sure you won't appreciate the reminder but Kevin McKinlay's performance in this game is still one of the worst I've ever seen. The second goal :lol: 

Just now, Mr November said:

I'm sure you won't appreciate the reminder but Kevin McKinlay's performance in this game is still one of the worst I've ever seen. The second goal :lol: 

I had that game in mind when I picked him. He was rank rotten.

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

What the f**k is Hutton doing at the first though? I don’t think he gets half the criticism he should. A genuinely abhorrent goalie especially in that season. 

I presume that’s the same game “Wee Slaney” got sent off in cause he couldn’t take a decent touch and ended up going through Boyle. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was about to start with a bunch from Roberts first season - Ally Brown, Marc Twaddle, Ryan McStay etc before realising the 12/13 season is now over 10 years ago. That would make anyone feel old.

With that in mind.

Jack Ruddy

Kyle McAusland
Josh McArthur
Scott McKenna
Kevin McKinlay

Paul Slane
Anthony Marenghi
Joe Chalmers
Dario Zanatta

Kevin Kyle
Bruce Anderson

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

What the f**k is Hutton doing at the first though? I don’t think he gets half the criticism he should. A genuinely abhorrent goalie especially in that season. 

I presume that’s the same game “Wee Slaney” got sent off in cause he couldn’t take a decent touch and ended up going through Boyle. 

That particular Ayr United team were plumbing mid-2000s levels of incompetence. Heading to League 2.

Just now, eez-eh said:

I was about to start with a bunch from Roberts first season - Ally Brown, Marc Twaddle, Ryan McStay etc before realising the 12/13 season is now over 10 years ago. That would make anyone feel old.

With that in mind.

Jack Ruddy

Kyle McAusland
Josh McArthur
Scott McKenna
Kevin McKinlay

Paul Slane
Anthony Marenghi
Joe Chalmers
Dario Zanatta

Kevin Kyle
Bruce Anderson

Is that the same Marenghi that was apparently the best player to ever come out of the juniors according to Roberts? 

think the only changes I’d make to yours is Meggat over McKenna and Farid over Bruce Anderson. I can’t ever remember watching Josh McArthur actually play for us. I do however remember Morgyn Neill. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is that the same Marenghi that was apparently the best player to ever come out of the juniors according to Roberts? 

think the only changes I’d make to yours is Meggat over McKenna and Farid over Bruce Anderson. I can’t ever remember watching Josh McArthur actually play for us. I do however remember Morgyn Neill. 

I forgot about him. Was he the badge kisser?

And on Marenghi - aye. I remember him tearing champions league bound Motherwell a new arsehole on his debut and then being a shite sand dancer in every appearance after that.

Edited by eez-eh

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I genuinely miss Hutton.

More specifically, I miss the abuse handed out to him from the stands at Somerset.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Did Peter Murphy not have a thundercunt of a strike one season that got him goal of the season. So memorable I've forgotten if it was him, who it was against, and if it actually happened at all.

Yeah against Livingston.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Did Peter Murphy not have a thundercunt of a strike one season that got him goal of the season. So memorable I've forgotten if it was him, who it was against, and if it actually happened at all.

Livi in the league cup group I’m sure. Strolled out of his own half and pinged it top corner. A genuinely wonderful player was Murphy. 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I genuinely miss Hutton.

More specifically, I miss the abuse handed out to him from the stands at Somerset.

Never forget the abuse he got up at Arbroath when we humped them 4-1. Thought he’d explode that day.