The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The boy is an Ayr fan, the way things are going in football, he could Move to a championship team for a decent fee down south, be in their youth set up for the next 5 years and never see a senior game or he could thrive and go on to be an international. But he’s now played for his boyhood club

At 16 he's lived most of the folks on here's dream. As for big Fraser again how many of us have dreamt of bursting the net infront of the SRE, gives youn a wee glow inside seeing young Ayr fans coming through the academy and playing for the first team.

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The boy is an Ayr fan, the way things are going in football, he could Move to a championship team for a decent fee down south, be in their youth set up for the next 5 years and never see a senior game or he could thrive and go on to be an international. But he’s now played for his boyhood club

Great to see Mutch walking off the pitch with Ollie at full time, clearly fully supportive of him and no doubt offering words of wisdom to the boy. 

It looks a really happy camp at the moment which goes a long way to getting results at any level.

Were Murdoch and Albinson rested today?

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Great to see Mutch walking off the pitch with Ollie at full time, clearly fully supportive of him and no doubt offering words of wisdom to the boy. 

It looks a really happy camp at the moment which goes a long way to getting results at any level.

Were Murdoch and Albinson rested today?

Murdoch was suspended. Albinson was probably just given the day off

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did anyone see McGeady there today btw? Didn’t see him wanting up at all before the game, but guess he could have been in the boardroom/stand with Mathie. 

Aye he was sitting in the stand with Murdoch (at least it looked like his heid anyway)

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did anyone see McGeady there today btw? Didn’t see him wanting up at all before the game, but guess he could have been in the boardroom/stand with Mathie. 

Yeah he was there. My cousin text me about 2.40 to say he just saw him getting out his flash motor 😂

58 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The only disappointment today was the attendance. 1,498! Given it was £12 and a combined event with the rugby team, I was expecting better than that.

The reason that people who live on Hunters Avenue knew that an international bowls tournament was happening at Northfield Park was because they got cones put in front of their houses. It's very difficult to advertise local events when local media has been completely eliminated. McCall complained about this but there's no easy fix save for sending Boab down the street with a loudspeaker (which, sad as it is, worked last time).

Edited by Thumper

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its no experiment, hes on a 3yr deal.

Previous manager built one our most expensive ever squads, of almost 40 players, last season and we lost around £2m.

MacLean shafted trying to cut that squad and wage spend while having multiple dross high earners still on the books. Our bench today was full of literal kids.

Definitely think you guys could be 12th in the Prem unless you get a few bodies in. Absolute woeful cup displays. Long season ahead for you imo

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its no experiment, hes on a 3yr deal.

Previous manager built one our most expensive ever squads, of almost 40 players, last season and we lost around £2m.

MacLean shafted trying to cut that squad and wage spend while having multiple dross high earners still on the books. Our bench today was full of literal kids.

Looking pretty grim just now at McDairmid. Seems to have been a couple of years in the making. Wasn't aware of the extent of the financial losses in recent times, that doesn't bode well.

St Johnstone have been the poster boys for a lot of clubs our size of making it work in the top tier. I take it the decision making both at board level and by the previous manager has just been way off the mark for a couple of years?

Also, a 3 year deal for MacLean - Did the club give a reason for that length of contract?

Edited by AuAl

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You are right - last game of the season after sinisalo was recalled think he was on loan from Motherwell. Agree he looked shite 

We had someone from St mirren too 🤔 urminsky, only appeared once in Ayr colours.

Jack McConnell from Rangers too 🤔

I think other than Doohan and Sinisalo, we've not had a good loan keeper in recent seasons.

12 minutes ago, AuAl said:

St Johnstone have been the poster boys for a lot of clubs our size of "making it work" in the top tier.

Ehhh. They spent and they won two different trophies. Clubs in a certain position (ahem ahem) would almost certainly kill to be in the position of being a bit shit in the top flight and doomed to a few seasons below as a result.

18 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Looking pretty grim just now at McDairmid. Seems to have been a couple of years in the making. Wasn't aware of the extent of the financial losses in recent times, that doesn't bode well.

St Johnstone have been the poster boys for a lot of clubs our size of "making it work" in the top tier. I take it the decision making both at board level and by the previous manager has just been way off the mark for a couple of years?

Also, a 3 year deal for MacLean - Did the club give a reason for that length of contract?

They have been a well run club, Davidson did well and was backed after selling top talent, the players that came in weren’t up to it and they signed more. And they weren’t up to it. He also stuck to a formation that wasn’t working. 

He got sacked, McLean has shifted on a lot of shite but they still aren’t signing good players and have a manager trying to find their feet. Could be a bad season for them. 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’ve only seen it on an Ayr page on twitter and that transfer Scotland page. 

This is the problem with the club's execrable social media stance: any facebook dipshit can say anything he wants and the club doesn't even bother refuting it. Best case scenario is that the part-time Daily Record guy has a look.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This is the problem with the club's execrable social media stance: any facebook dipshit can say anything he wants and the club doesn't even bother refuting it. Best case scenario is that the part-time Daily Record guy has a look.

They would need someone full time to reply to all the rumours and rubbish on Facebook , they are better just posting any official news they have on transfers etc 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Murdoch was suspended. Albinson was probably just given the day off

It was mentioned on the stream that Albinson has a back injury, I'm assuming a knock as they didn't go any further than say he wasn't planned for the squad today. 

Sadly was stuck to virtual viewing today, which was a really frustrating experience and I'll probably write to the club about it. So many of the basics just done really badly to the point they hadn't even bothered to clean the camera lens. Seemingly they not longer use zoom either on the main camera so even on our 65" TV I had no idea what was going on at either end of the park.

Suppose it serves me right for not being better organised to be able to get down today. 

13 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

They would need someone full time to reply to all the rumours and rubbish on Facebook , they are better just posting any official news they have on transfers etc 

So Chalmers is nonsense? I've already started sending out invites to the promotion party. 

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

It was mentioned on the stream that Albinson has a back injury, I'm assuming a knock as they didn't go any further than say he wasn't planned for the squad today. 

Sadly was stuck to virtual viewing today, which was a really frustrating experience and I'll probably write to the club about it. So many of the basics just done really badly to the point they hadn't even bothered to clean the camera lens. Seemingly they not longer use zoom either on the main camera so even on our 65" TV I had no idea what was going on at either end of the park.

Suppose it serves me right for not being better organised to be able to get down today. 

Doing well for your self???