The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Bowl-of-chilli said:

Seen this at the Q&A but obviously didn't have the chance to really study it as it was only projected.

When you actually look at it in more detail, it's a tad disappointing just how few seats in the new stand there will be for home fans. 112 seats for hospitality and a significant away seated section as well. 

I'd have thought there would be a lot of people looking to move to the new stand to avoid the obstructed view of the pillars in the main stand but not that much availability it seems as I thought there would be.

I think more seats would have resulted in the loss of more of the terraces. Because the physical site isn't huge for the new stand.

The seating schedule in the planning application (see below) has:

530 normal seats (there are 3 different types)

204 cushioned seats (there are 2 different types)

Which is less than I thought, I was sure I recall a number of 900 seats? I could be making that up though.

If away fans do get the space in the new stand then the away section in the main stand will likely become a home section. I'm never in the main stand (other than a spell during covid) but not sure anything can be done with the pillars. I also find the seats a bit tight for legroom tbh. 

One thing is for sure, initially those seats in the North Stand will be over subscribed.

Screenshot_20230731_074714_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.a53cf5f875f2160ab55495dcd3c7ff75.jpg

2 hours ago, Bowl-of-chilli said:

Seen this at the Q&A but obviously didn't have the chance to really study it as it was only projected.

When you actually look at it in more detail, it's a tad disappointing just how few seats in the new stand there will be for home fans. 112 seats for hospitality and a significant away seated section as well. 

I'd have thought there would be a lot of people looking to move to the new stand to avoid the obstructed view of the pillars in the main stand but not that much availability it seems as I thought there would be.

From what I believe though the seggy fence will come down with the hope to give Ayr fans full length of the North Terrace/Stand and just have away support in railway end and corner of main stand.

Not sure if that's accurate or not but pretty sure David Smith implied something along those lines on Twitter when someone asked him

Aye I seem to remember a suggestion that the spilt of the new north stand would depend on the away crowd. Would be great to have that whole side occasionally.

That would maybe imply that the club intend on retaining a small part of the main stand for away fans - as I'm sure we would have to provide seating somewhere even in the event that the away crowd doesn't merit giving some of the north stand. 

Edited by AuAl

I’m sure the seating will be flexible to a degree, unless we have a sudden uptake in demand for seated season ticket holders.

Have to say, while the seating was a bit tight for me on Saturday, the view was amazing and looking at that pitch and the football on it was a joy.

5 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Have to say, while the seating was a bit tight for me on Saturday, the view was amazing and looking at that pitch and the football on it was a joy.

Yeah, I find the seating in the stand rather uncomfortable. However, the view of the pitch is first class. 

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah, I find the seating in the stand rather uncomfortable. However, the view of the pitch is first class. 

The noise when Nicky got clattered near the touch line was not nice!!

I was surprised he got back up.  Must have hit him right on the shin pad!

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I think more seats would have resulted in the loss of more of the terraces. Because the physical site isn't huge for the new stand.

The seating schedule in the planning application (see below) has:

530 normal seats (there are 3 different types)

204 cushioned seats (there are 2 different types)

Which is less than I thought, I was sure I recall a number of 900 seats? I could be making that up though.

If away fans do get the space in the new stand then the away section in the main stand will likely become a home section. I'm never in the main stand (other than a spell during covid) but not sure anything can be done with the pillars. I also find the seats a bit tight for legroom tbh. 

One thing is for sure, initially those seats in the North Stand will be over subscribed.

Screenshot_20230731_074714_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.a53cf5f875f2160ab55495dcd3c7ff75.jpg

Cheers for that mate. Good insight.

I just think personally that because it’s a new stand with relatively small number of general seats (non hospitality), that there will not only be quite a few movers from the main stand but quite a lot of people choosing to buy a season seat in the new stand because they maybe don’t like the main stand and because a side view is absolutely the best way to watch football to see everything clearly so they now have a non-pillared choice for a side view.

I agree there probably isn’t any way to remove the pillars and make it safe by supporting it another way is there? Unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, Rb123 said:

From what I believe though the seggy fence will come down with the hope to give Ayr fans full length of the North Terrace/Stand and just have away support in railway end and corner of main stand.

Not sure if that's accurate or not but pretty sure David Smith implied something along those lines on Twitter when someone asked him

I am sure he did say home fans would get the whole if the new stand in the Championship 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I am sure he did say home fans would get the whole if the new stand in the Championship 

Yeah, there would be no real reason to give teams that area of the NT in the Championship.  only really Partick (in a very big game i.e play offs) would bring enough to allow them round there, maybe Dundee Utd if it was for a title etc.  Obviously that wont be the case this year as it is out of commission.  Any run of the mill leagiue game, championship or above would be fine outwith Celtic/Rangers/Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen/Kilmarnock.  I think behind the goals and part of the stand is still around 2.5k capacity.  

9 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

👀 

Whoever this guy is, is most likely on the wind up it seems…

And yes, I am hoping to be proved horribly wrong. 

Though, his point on this occasions seems to be that he is signing for Inverness. 

Edited by No_Problemo

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, it'll certainly show if they are ITK or not.

I don’t believe for a minute that he’s ITK. It’s far more likely that he’s overheard Mathie saying something in the hub and he’s hurriedly went and posted it on Twitter for a few likes. 

Might be true, might not be. All I’d hope is that our progression in the cup has opened the door for us to attract a couple of good signings and Logan Chalmers would fit the bill. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t believe for a minute that he’s ITK. It’s far more likely that he’s overheard Mathie saying something in the hub and he’s hurriedly went and posted it on Twitter for a few likes. 

Might be true, might not be. All I’d hope is that our progression in the cup has opened the door for us to attract a couple of good signings and Logan Chalmers would fit the bill. 

Maybe he misheard and we're actually re-signing Sleepy Joe.