The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Whoever this guy is, is most likely on the wind up it seems…

And yes, I am hoping to be proved horribly wrong. 

Though, his point on this occasions seems to be that he is signing for Inverness. 

I'd say you're looking into that post a wee bit too much although it is slightly strange  that they chose that picture. Either that or he's got everyone on strings and fair play to him for that. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t believe for a minute that he’s ITK. It’s far more likely that he’s overheard Mathie saying something in the hub and he’s hurriedly went and posted it on Twitter for a few likes. 

Might be true, might not be. All I’d hope is that our progression in the cup has opened the door for us to attract a couple of good signings and Logan Chalmers would fit the bill. 

I can't see Dundee Utd letting him go to another Championship club.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'd say you're looking into that post a wee bit too much although it is slightly strange  that they chose that picture. Either that or he's got everyone on strings and fair play to him for that. 

Haha yeah, I wasn’t being serious!

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

August is a bit of an ugly month for games for us. Grafting games to start the season with.

Aye fixtures appear less kind than last year, felt you were only a couple weeks away from playing some absolute mugs at any given moment.

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye fixtures appear less kind than last year, felt you were only a couple weeks away from playing some absolute mugs at any given moment.

There will be at least 4 teams that will shit the bed early. My money is on Queens Park, Raith, Dundee United and Inverness.

We’ll take the second shift and stink out the Autumn along with Morton and Dunfermline. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There will be at least 4 teams that will shit the bed early. My money is on Queens Park, Raith, Dundee United and Inverness.

We’ll take the second shift and stink out the Autumn along with Morton and Dunfermline. 

If we play nice at bookends of the season I'll take it at the time but I make no excuses for getting the guillotine out the moment we pretend we can't pass a ball because it's a little bit wet. 

56 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Historically is Q3 when our gum shield get knocked out !

When McLeod died, one of the local journalists, maybe Bob Shields wrote that Ayr got stuffed on Boxing Day by someone and then lost the new years fixture.

He interviewed McLeod and he said, traditionally, we never do well over the Christmas period and it is something I want to put right. It is a hoodoo that we need to shift.

They checked the results of the previous years and he was talking bollocks but decided not to correct him.

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

When McLeod died, one of the local journalists, maybe Bob Shields wrote that Ayr got stuffed on Boxing Day by someone and then lost the new years fixture.

He interviewed McLeod and he said, traditionally, we never do well over the Christmas period and it is something I want to put right. It is a hoodoo that we need to shift.

They checked the results of the previous years and he was talking bollocks but decided not to correct him.

I was talking mainly about title push seasons of 2023/24 & 2018/19 .

Talking about more experienced additions here, personally not sure if adding the likes of Fletcher or Mugrew is what's needed but I'm going to trust the process.

https://www.ayradvertiser.com/news/23690712.ayr-united-manager-lee-bullen-looks-ahead-championship-season/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Superhursy7

A Mulgrew/Fletcher type where they double up as a coach isn’t beyond the realms of possibility although I doubt whether Mulgrew is able to do it at this level and whether Fletcher is interested.