The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Played as a trialist for St Mirren last week I think.

Left Greenock to take on the world and made it as far as Paisley

Handy for the airport to be fair. 
Out of interest, what was his injury? I'm surprised he hasn't been picked up yet, unless he's holding out for the right deal. 

Wasn't overly keen on the prospect of Fletcher, so glad he's gone elsewhere. Not doubting his ability, moreso have a fear of our record of ex Scotland Internationals playing up front for us. A bit gutted to miss out on Wotherspoon though. 

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

Wasn't overly keen on the prospect of Fletcher, so glad he's gone elsewhere. Not doubting his ability, moreso have a fear of our record of ex Scotland Internationals playing up front for us. A bit gutted to miss out on Wotherspoon though. 

I had zero faith that we were either in for Fletcher nor would he have been interested. Wotherspoon might’ve been decent but again I think once McGeady signed that was never likely to happen. 

I had expected to hear this week if anyone was leaving.

Aye, I don't think they 2 positions should be the next through the door.  Dunfermline seem to be struggling bringing players in, so maybe the Fletcher transfer is a bit of a punt to get someone in.  Priority for us now is definitely in the fullback positions before we look at another winger/striker.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye, I don't think they 2 positions should be the next through the door.  Dunfermline seem to be struggling bringing players in, so maybe the Fletcher transfer is a bit of a punt to get someone in.  Priority for us now is definitely in the fullback positions before we look at another winger/striker.

Maybe the plan is to play some wacky formation with as many attacking players on the pitch as possible.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I had zero faith that we were either in for Fletcher nor would he have been interested. Wotherspoon might’ve been decent but again I think once McGeady signed that was never likely to happen. 

I had expected to hear this week if anyone was leaving.

Both have been based on the east cost the whole time they have played in Scotland. Mulgrew is, I would guess central belt so is more likely in that respect. 
If we haven’t signed anyone by now, they won’t be playing on Saturday anyway, unless they have been training with the club all week. I’m sure there is a shape day in training that dictates the squad for a Saturday. 

Bit gutted to see McInroy sign for a direct competitor, but who knows if we were even in for him.  He’s certainly a different type of midfielder from what we have.  Would be quite something if Partick win the league with Muirhead, Adeloye and McInroy in the team!