The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, jagfox said:

McGeady not an Ayr player, my man? 

Yeah, hes also an ex Celtic player

Pretty certain Doolan did hings for Thistle whilst being dug meat for us 🤗

Edited by diege
adding sarcasm

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I hope not. Was he not linked with United too?

I had mooted him when McGeady joined as I know they’re good pals and it was likely he would be available. It wouldn’t make sense for us to sign him in fairness as we’re quite set now in defence besides an out and out left back. 

Think the rumour resurfaced a few days ago but I doubt there’s much to it. 

FWIW I don’t particularly care about McGeady doing this event. It was in his calendar before he signed for Ayr and I doubt he’ll even be fit enough to play for us by the time the game comes round. Players will always attend events at former clubs if the affinity is still there. 

Brian Reid literally had a regular spot on Rangers TV where he referred to The **** That Were in the possessive while he was managing Ayr. Going to take a lot to beat that.

Edited by Thumper

Late to the party but very happy with the addition of a RB. He looks decent on paper and has come from a decent level. Some of Lincoln's supporters seem disappointed he wasn't in and around their first team this year, so that's a good sign I guess.

A LB and an attacking midfielder or a winger (Chalmers?) and I think we're pretty much set. No complaints* from me if that comes to fruition.

*I reserve the right to retract that in a couple months if we're shite.

Edited by AuAl

I am sure the Ayrshire post said we were after Chalmers and a full back

Full back is here and we have another one (maybe 2) months for domestic loans. Dundee United might want to see if they need him first once all other business is done. Unless we pay cash for him. 

Strapp is off to Ireland on trial apparently.