The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hewitt, McKenzie and Ecrepont were probably impacted by COVID the most in terms of first team development. The first two were on loan when it happened and all 3 probably suffered from a lack of reserve football when we got back playing.

Hopefully Hewitt can get a run of games in a proper position at a lower level and still make a decent career for himself given his physical qualities.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Interesting if this is just due to us signing Ahui or whether frees up another wage for another addition. 

Think it’s like for like. We needed a right back going out for one to come in. Pointless running with Ahui/McAllister/Hewitt/Watret. Although Watret is still young, he will defo get some game time. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Think it’s like for like. We needed a right back going out for one to come in. Pointless running with Ahui/McAllister/Hewitt/Watret. Although Watret is still young, he will defo get some game time. 

Was it Watret who people were raving about after one of the friendlies? I think it was the Stranraer game. I wasn't there but I remember one of the young players apparently looked really good.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Was it Watret who people were raving about after one of the friendlies? I think it was the Stranraer game. I wasn't there but I remember one of the young players apparently looked really good.

I think Fulham were quite sweet on him as well.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Aye. Think he played a few minutes away to Cove last year and had impressed in training over the course of the season and pre season. Didn’t look out of place v Stranraer. Had a tougher test away to Stirling where they tried to target him, but seemed to do well enough. Like WATTOO says, Fulham seem to be keen on him. Too young and raw to be first choice just now, but more than good enough to be in and around the first team. 

47 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Michael Hewitt has just joined us from you how is he?

He played at the start of the season before last and was a standout amongst some of the shite that Hopkin brought. He looked like an energetic defensive midfielder that put himself about quite a bit and it looked like we had found a replacement for Ross Docherty.

He got a bad injury early on and missed the whole season apart from a sub appearance on the last day if I recall correctly. 

He was on loan for the first part of last season to Peterhead, their fans would be better suited to give you an honest description. Due to our midfield and defensive issues, he was re-called at Christmas and was played sparingly, never getting a run.

He played at right back v. Thistle in the play-offs and after an hour, no one was more desperate to get him off the park than the boy himself.

A season with Hamilton in League wilL make or break him, he certainly had potential so there may be a player in there. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Think around 6000 ish. Sure SRE is 2500, 1500 main stand and 2500 railway. Just annoying 1/3 ground is the away and and virtually impossible to hold home and away fans and segregate in any big matches. 

Quite a few games will only use two areas I'd imagine. When the likes of Arbroath or ICT come calling I'd assume it will only be the SRE and stand in use. Would be good to give us the railway end but the practicalities of it would be near impossible unless we do a Partick and all trapse over the pitch 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Not surprised to see Hewitt go tbh best of luck to him. Like most I thought he had promise before he got his injury but that the way it goes sometimes you need to drop a level to actually gets where you want to go. Won’t be surprised to see him at this level in a few years 

a shame it didn't work out for Hewitt, always hope the best for former youth academy graduates, 31 Games for someone who sadly a injury did not help but yeah hope to see him do well at Hamilton reckon he should kick on well in that level