Josh Todd
Adam Cummins
Dario Zanatta
Scott Taggart
Tom Walsh
Joe Chalmers
Jack Baird

My PTSD! 

What about Jackson Longridge? Where is he these days.

Wasn’t at the game but it’s clear that our penny pinching strategy has delivered us to where we are at . We were never gonna go flat out this season but we have went too far the other way and as a consequence we aren’t ready . There are not many quality players hanging about but we need to sign what ones there are . As somebody said earlier, a week is a long time in football . Interesting to note Alloa went down and won in Dumfries after taking a pasting from us in the cup … 

44 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Wasn’t at the game but it’s clear that our penny pinching strategy has delivered us to where we are at . We were never gonna go flat out this season but we have went too far the other way and as a consequence we aren’t ready . There are not many quality players hanging about but we need to sign what ones there are . As somebody said earlier, a week is a long time in football . Interesting to note Alloa went down and won in Dumfries after taking a pasting from us in the cup … 

I’m not sure where you are getting the impression that we are penny pinching from. We have 25 first team players. 
We need to shift players on before we can bring more in. We have two players for every position currently and about a third of the squad is capable of a top half finish.

I don’t think that money is the issue here, more recruitment and player development.

41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Not went back and watched it, however from recollection of the game, 1st goal comes from attack down our right side and the other 2 came from attacks down our left side.  Very famillair feeling from last season.

Reading and McGinty were far from good and aren't great as a combination at any time but in the second half our right side was the major problem and although the 2nd goal came about from the left it was a needless challenge from McGinty. The players had all chucked it by the time the 3rd went in.

I know everyone is talking about giving the RB time and I appreciate he was just chucked straight in but his decision making was shocking at times and could have easily cost us 3 or 4 goals. At least Bangala doesn't do too much wrong as he doesn't get involved but my worry with this guy is that he was trying things that were just crazy and are likely to result in disasters for us in the future unless we can coach it out of him pretty quickly !!

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Reading and McGinty were far from good and aren't great as a combination at any time but in the second half our right side was the major problem and although the 2nd goal came about from the left it was a needless challenge from McGinty. The players had all chucked it by the time the 3rd went in.

I know everyone is talking about giving the RB time and I appreciate he was just chucked straight in but his decision making was shocking at times and could have easily cost us 3 or 4 goals. At least Bangala doesn't do too much wrong as he doesn't get involved but my worry with this guy is that he was trying things that were just crazy and are likely to result in disasters for us in the future unless we can coach it out of him pretty quickly !!

Adrenaline can have funny effects on players when they make their debut. He needs to start on Saturday and grow in to the game to get used to the pace and his team mates. 
McCallister was injured/going to get sent off so Bullen had to make the change on Saturday. He’ll barely have seen the lad in training or talked him through what to expect.

Id expect a different player this weekend. He might still be shite though. 

42 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m not sure where you are getting the impression that we are penny pinching from. We have 25 first team players. 
We need to shift players on before we can bring more in. We have two players for every position currently and about a third of the squad is capable of a top half finish.

I don’t think that money is the issue here, more recruitment and player developmen

Recruitment comes down to money more often than not . That’s why Dipo plays in York now . I’m all for being clever and creative in the transfer market . However there is such a thing as certainty and it costs . At this point we need to be a bit braver !

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Adrenaline can have funny effects on players when they make their debut. He needs to start on Saturday and grow in to the game to get used to the pace and his team mates. 
McCallister was injured/going to get sent off so Bullen had to make the change on Saturday. He’ll barely have seen the lad in training or talked him through what to expect.

The fans also have a part to play in getting right behind him, even if he is a little nervy early on. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes, it did look enforced and wasn't ideal circumstances either but I thought he might try and settle in and just get the basics right but he seemed to want to try beating players and passing across his own box etc when we were clearly rattled and Morton were pressing the Hell out of us at the back.

10 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Could be Forrest from hearts if him you could play 3 at the back 5 in midfield and 2 up fro

St Johnstone, Livingston, Ross County and even those east Ayrshire c***s would take him on loan before he’d come back to the Championship. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m not sure where you are getting the impression that we are penny pinching from.

About half a dozen players turned Ayr down for other teams in the same division. The ones who accepted are either already wealthy from 20 years in the sport or were part time. This strongly suggests that despite the number of players on the books, Ayr are unwilling to pay the same wages as their rivals. Which is a big gamble considering that player wages are usually pretty much directly correlated with final team position. Last season they got lucky and unearthed a very good striker, along with an astute set of loans.