The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Yeah thats what I thought until I looked closely at the QR code for this year's season ticket and compared it! I know you were given the option of asking for a card for this season but thought you could either use last season's card or a pdf from an email. It was never stated that the card from last season wouldn't work for those people renewing as far as I can recall.

If you wanted a new card it was £5 extra which I didn't pay because I still have the same card I have used for the last 2-3 seasons. 

If it is the case, It would be nice it they had added, it will cost you £5 for a new card because your old one will not work any more in the detail. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If you wanted a new card it was £5 extra which I didn't pay because I still have the same card I have used for the last 2-3 seasons. 

If it is the case, It would be nice it they had added, it will cost you £5 for a new card because your old one will not work any more in the detail. 

I think it was £2 they were wanting, I don't grudge paying that but just assumed I didn't need to as my old card is sitting snugly in my wallet just waiting to be produced at a Somerset road turnstile on Saturday.

I just hope to christ that it works, if it doesn't, then what is the alternative ??

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s £2 for a new card  only if you asked for one , the QR code only changed if you ordered a new season ticket rather than a renewal (some people did that)  but majority didn’t , over 90% of people who had a season last year have the same QR code 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s £2 for a new card  only if you asked for one , the QR code only changed if you ordered a new season ticket rather than a renewal (some people did that)  but majority didn’t , over 90% of people who had a season last year have the same QR code 

Ah. So you're saying I've made an arse of it?

Yeah it's not like Ayr have done a Chelsea and just signed far too many players. Nearly half of Ayr's squad is academy graduates, and other than Bangala and the third keeper the rest have got a reasonable shout of getting on in any given game.

Still no excuse for going into the season with two giant question marks over the fullback positions that have been problematic since the Hopkin days.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Although the squad is 25, that is including O.Ecrepont, Tomlinson, Watret and Guthrie who all will get few minutes of game time, unless there was a major injury crisis. Add Bangala to that who basically just lives in France now. He’ll hopefully be away soon, a left back coming in would allow Finn Ecrepont to leave, a striker coming in could allow Bryden to go out on loan, Ashford allowed to leave if he can find another club, hopefully. 

They are all full time and earning a wage though. We can't just sack players so we would have either pay off their contracts, have a club willing to take them on loan while paying all or some of their wages or the player negotiates their own move to a different club. 

Ecripont would be looking at a league 1 or 2 team realistically, so part time. Ashford hasn't played much so would find it hard to have a full time contract elsewhere so probably wants to fight for his place and Bangala will need to get a window cleaning round. 

The young guys might go on loan to junior clubs but they wont make a wage contribution. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I'll check my dashboard and see if the QR is there later in the week just in case. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

They are all full time and earning a wage though. We can't just sack players so we would have either pay off their contracts, have a club willing to take them on loan while paying all or some of their wages or the player negotiates their own move to a different club.

The reason the academy graduates were given professional contracts is because the club considers them to be valuable assets. They aren't just orphans left on Davie White's front doorstep. The club have now brought in someone whose remit specifically includes finding better things for them to do than hang around in fucking Stranraer and Coatbridge until they're 23.

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No on both counts. As it stands we have Stanger and McGinty with Musonda and McAllister in reserve. As much as Morton fans will maintain they don’t rate McGinty, he’s been good since Bullen came in. 

Musonda as a reserve to McGinty? 

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

The reason the academy graduates were given professional contracts is because the club considers them to be valuable assets. They aren't just orphans left on Davie White's front doorstep. The club have now brought in someone whose remit specifically includes finding better things for them to do than hang around in fucking Stranraer and Coatbridge until they're 23.

I always assumed they were, and that he ran the football equivalent of the Xavier Institute. 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I always assumed they were, and that he ran the football equivalent of the Xavier Institute. 

Admittedly skinny, sallow weans who don't know their parents aren't an uncommon sight in Lochside.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

There is also no loch.

I have often wondered about this.

Also I was just looking at a map and had either forgotten or had never known that Lochside Road runs all the way to Heathfield Road along the back of KG5. Don't think I've ever set foot on it beyond the car shop.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I have often wondered about this.

Also I was just looking at a map and had either forgotten or had never known that Lochside Road runs all the way to Heathfield Road along the back of KG5. Don't think I've ever set foot on it beyond the car shop.

I didn't know that either.

My grandparents used to live right next to KG5. I vaguely remember seeing Ayr United training there in the early 90s, but I wasn't interested in football at that age.