The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

44 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

No a hard man, a b*****d.

Are there any really left these days? Genuinely struggling to think of a proper blood and thunder enforcer type in the league, the last one was probably Jamie Adams

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I think they'd prefer to sell him though and there's no doubt an English League club are more likely to get closer to what both the club and Chalmers himself are looking for to make it happen.

I think this is what they are looking for 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Clearly can’t count very well as we beat Albion Rovers in the cup last week.

You’ll find 1+1= 2. Not really surprised by your lack of intelligence though.

I thought you'd lost to Raith Rovers since then. Please pardon me for not being up to date on your fixtures.  A 2-1 win over Albion Rovers deserves further congratulations. Very impressive! 

With regards to offering a transfer fee for Chalmers I'd be all for this. We got approximately £250,000 for Dipo so there is money there to be reinvested. Given he's no where near the Dundee United team I don't see them being hard to deal with and a nominal feee should be enough to get him. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With regards to offering a transfer fee for Chalmers I'd be all for this. We got approximately £250,000 for Dipo so there is money there to be reinvested. Given he's no where near the Dundee United team I don't see them being hard to deal with and a nominal feee should be enough to get him. 

Not so sure . I think Logan is moving further from our grasp ! It is what it is . We must have other targets so let’s get them sorted now . 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Problem is that it's highly unlikely Ayr received £250k from York upfront; usually these fees are paid in installments throughout the duration of the player's contract and can sometimes be dependent on things like appearances, goals etc.  

Even if they did receive the cash upfront, Dundee Utd will know that Ayr want Chalmers and have money from the sale of Dipo.  Regardless of whether or not he is going to be part of their plans, Dundee Utd would likely use those facts to get a better fee out of Ayr. 

I like Chalmers, I think he had some magic moments in the short time he was here last season but I wouldn't necessarily be breaking the bank for him.  I think his position is probably one of the ones where currently have the most options.  I'd rather we brought in a new fullback(s) and a midfield b*****d if it came down to it.  

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Some English club will end up buying him outright for a fee and wages that neither ICT or ourselves could get close to and everyone on here will go mental about a lack of ambition.

Given he wasn't great for Tranmere I doubt any English team will be desperate to sign him tbh. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Given he wasn't great for Tranmere I doubt any English team will be desperate to sign him tbh. 

24 appearances in 7 years at Dundee United & two 6 month loans to the Championship doesn't scream 6 figure move down south to me. 

We cannot overstretch even a wee bit for Chalmers. It would be making the same mistake as Mullin again. We paid over the odds for Mullin in January and he was shite. Who’s to say blowing our load on Chalmers won’t end up with the same result?