The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes. 

I have even now accepted that we are going to go through another season with the same first choice fullbacks, which is hilarious. 

I'd be trying to get new fullbacks before trying to get Logan Chalmers tbh.

That's not a slight on Logan Chalmers, it's just that we are weak as f**k at full back.

35 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's not a slight on Logan Chalmers, it's just that we are weak as f**k at full back.

36 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

We’ve signed a new full back unfortunately he seems to be worse than what we have in place.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We’ve signed a new full back unfortunately he seems to be worse than what we have in place.

He's only on Loan and a youngster so I'd doubt we're paying much for him.

In his interview he also mentioned that he'd met with the "Academy Manager" so not even sure if he was brought in as an expected first team starter ??

For all everyone seems to want Reading replaced, he's actually started the season pretty well, where on the other hand RB looks to be a major issue at the moment.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

For all everyone seems to want Reading replaced, he's actually started the season pretty well, where on the other hand RB looks to be a major issue at the moment.

By letting Houston leave we've effectively got rid of our best RB. And that tells it's own story. That's the poison that needs filled as a priority.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He has started the season well and currently deserves his place in the team. Although I'd like to see Ecrepont get a chance at some point if Reading loses form.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He's only on Loan and a youngster so I'd doubt we're paying much for him.

In his interview he also mentioned that he'd met with the "Academy Manager" so not even sure if he was brought in as an expected first team starter ??

There isn’t any chance we brought him in as back up as:

- We already had one of those in Hewitt. 
- We aren’t going to run with three right backs, so that means the recruitment department being happy with McAllister as first choice. 

We needed to upgrade the right back position hugely, the fact it looks like Ahui is going to have to wait a while for another chance is worrying. We should have been signing someone good enough to go straight into the team and improve us.

19 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

By letting Houston leave we've effectively got rid of our best RB. And that tells it's own story. That's the poison that needs filled as a priority.

Houston was as bad as the others and would have been on a decent wage so letting him go was certainly not a mistake. The mistake is that he hasn't been replaced.

45 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He played 45 minutes without even having so much as a training session with his new squad.  He wouldn't have came on that day had McAllister not picked up an injury.  Give the lad time to bed in before completely writing him off.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

He said manager and head of academy. The latter is White's official role but he's still a coach for the first team too.

57 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He played 45 minutes without even having so much as a training session with his new squad.  He wouldn't have came on that day had McAllister not picked up an injury.  Give the lad time to bed in before completely writing him off.

You can’t completely write him off, but it is pretty worrying that our RB signing isn’t immediately able to go into the side ahead of McAllister given how big of an upgrade we needed in that area. That is the type of signing we needed in the full backs area IMO. 

4 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I miss the days of having loads of players in on trial but not signing them as they were "no better than what we have already"

I miss the days of random players no one had ever heard of being named on our team sheet and then disappearing.

Fabian Bossy where you at bro?

Assuming we have any money to spend, replacing Reading is about 4th or 5th priority at the moment.  Murphy was a huge gamble given his recent fitness record and it’s blown up in our face after one league game.  We can’t possibly fall back on Ashford so we need Chalmers or AN Other.  We need another striker to go with Rose and ideally a bit more experience in the middle of the park as I personally don’t think we’ve seen anywhere enough from Smith to think he offers a solution to our ongoing inability to retain or control possession.  This is all assuming that Murdoch isn’t out long term - haven’t seen a peep about when he might be back.  Musonda probably needs to go to right back so another defender would be desirable too.

I don’t think any of this is going to happen.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Assuming we have any money to spend, replacing Reading is about 4th or 5th priority at the moment.  Murphy was a huge gamble given his recent fitness record and it’s blown up in our face after one league game.  We can’t possibly fall back on Ashford so we need Chalmers or AN Other.  We need another striker to go with Rose and ideally a bit more experience in the middle of the park as I personally don’t think we’ve seen anywhere enough from Smith to think he offers a solution to our ongoing inability to retain or control possession.  This is all assuming that Murdoch isn’t out long term - haven’t seen a peep about when he might be back.  Musonda probably needs to go to right back so another defender would be desirable too.

I don’t think any of this is going to happen.

Bullen will put Ashford in centre mid m8.