The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I’d love to know what we have won of note then. Our history is embarrassing compared to similar sized clubs.

It’s a very English mentality calling cups ‘the diddy cup’. If Ayr United enters a competition we should be trying our absolute best to win it.

To me the 2017/18 title win is very much "of note". That was one of the absolute best days of my life, but to some on here that day obviously meant nothing if we've won "f**k all". I don't care if it was "only" a divisional title.

As for being embarrassed about our history, absolutely no Ayr United fan ever started supporting us because of our silver-laden history. That's not what supporting a club like Ayr United is about. You need a certain degree of masochism to support a team like Ayr United because a lot of the time it's a slog, but by f**k are the good times absolutely magical.

I would rather have our history than that of certain other clubs.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

We have not won f**k all in our history. That's DKB banter.

Leagues are nothing unless it’s the top league. If you’re happy with lower league titles get a grip unless it’s the championship as at least we’re in the top division. The only thing I was celebrating when we beat Raith to going up was going up. It’s not a trophy.

Just now, Utdtillidie2 said:

Leagues are nothing unless it’s the top league. If you’re happy with lower league titles get a grip unless it’s the championship as at least we’re in the top division. The only thing I was celebrating when we beat Raith to going up was going up. It’s not a trophy.

ENraTdKXUAEWfp2.jpeg.bb6d8c1a74a67739346a0517b00af983.jpeg

Looks like a trophy to me.

1 minute ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

No one really cares mate. 

No one is supporting Ayr United for a trophy. 

6 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Moronic. I hope you are a sock puppet. If not I believe there is a shop on Ayr High Street that should service your needs.

1 minute ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Football is all about winning trophies. Kane left Spurs to win silverware. Honestly can’t believe the small town mentality of winning the seaside league.

Small town mentality has nothing to do with it but you feel free to get wound up over nothing mate. 

In other news, great to see two modern day Ayr legends win a huge game for their current clubs tonight. I still reckon we’ll get Shankland back for a season before he retires. 

Just for clarity - I called it the diddy diddy cup as it has been referred to this for a good number of seasons by many.

Personally, I would be over the moon to win it, having witnessed first hand the losses in 2 consecutive finals.  Billy Dodds broke my heart that day.

While we want to avoid injuries, they are going to come no matter what and I hope that we send out a team to win every game we play that the fans have to pay their hard earned money to watch.

Love a cup run.

Listen it’s fine if some of you are all fine for Ayr to never have won any cup or top league. Bugs me. You guys are waaaay cool with that then more power to you. 

And for folk to say they’re happy for us to piss about in winnable competitions, I just don’t get it.

We have won the 2nd tier league title on 6 occasions in our history the very same trophy our inbred cousins up the A77 won a just over a year a go and celebrated like they had won the world cup, yeah we have never won a top league or a national cup but this WFANW stuff is a crock of shit.