The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Jason Cummings, James McCarthy, Lyndon Dykes, Aiden Mcgeady, Sean Maloney, Richard Gough.....

The United Kingdom is a melting pot of all different nationalities, it's really up to the player and their history to choose who they represent at international level 😐

The one that bothers me slightly, due to my slight ignorance, is Jason Cummings playing for both Scotland and Australia 🤔

I'm aware you can represent a country in a friendly then appear for another. Though I always saw it is a final choice type thing.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Plenty of Scottish internationals have attended RC schools so not sure that has much bearing on whether you’d play for Scotland or not. 

People are really over complicating this and I have no idea why. We stood by and let him play for Ireland at school boy level and then thought we could come in and he’d happily switch allegiance to us. Fair play to him for sticking with the country that wanted him more instead of doing what the likes of Grealish and Rice did and ditched Ireland as soon as England showed a bit of interest. 

I can't recall him saying he was a Scotland fan and gutted they didn't select him. Plenty of people in the west support Ireland and have zero interest in Scotland. That's their call but don't expect the players in question to be as forthright 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bullen did say a central midfielder in the next seven to ten days…

I would like to think before Saturday; as we really need one!

Was that in the post match interview? You’d hope that means they’ve approached someone and feel there’s a good chance of him joining. 

James McCarthy maybe isn’t such a ridiculous shout as Mathie also said that they were looking at experienced players who aren’t playing with their current clubs. You’d also think that he’s ruined any chance of a move to a Championship team or above in England and probably most League 1 clubs as well. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

James McCarthy maybe isn’t such a ridiculous shout as Mathie also said that they were looking at experienced players who aren’t playing with their current clubs

Your right he's based in Glasgow so travel is not that bad, he's made his money in the game so I doubt wages would be massive and he's likely knows McGeady and think of how much Smith, Pendlebury and Dempsey would learn just training with him, we coukd be putting 2 + 2 and coming up with 5 though 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was that in the post match interview? You’d hope that means they’ve approached someone and feel there’s a good chance of him joining. 

James McCarthy maybe isn’t such a ridiculous shout as Mathie also said that they were looking at experienced players who aren’t playing with their current clubs. You’d also think that he’s ruined any chance of a move to a Championship team or above in England and probably most League 1 clubs as well. 

Yeah - it was!

I was actually wondering where McCarthy might end up earlier with his injury issues - he might get a chance at a lower end top league team if he isn’t completely done injury wise. 

Watching our highlights there, and they certainly don’t show up the Bryden cameo favourably!

53 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Depending on the school you attended or circle of friends then Scotland might not be the international team of choice 

Doing my best to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your comment about schools comes across as rather ignorant.

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

Aw lads, another weekend of mediocre pish from you and another wee piece of history for your big cousins. I genuinely feel sorry for you that you never experience what we do on a regular basis. The Twisted Sisters both taken care of in the space of a fortnight and no goals conceded. If only you could overachieve like us. Hugs…….

Didn't realise they were giving out trophies for those two victories

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes he said we'll need to sign at least 1 but ideally 2 midfielders, club hadn't prepared to sign anymore CM's so sounded as if we're starting from scratch in terms of scouting for ones and who's out there/available.

Said about how we need one asap due to the scenario of losing one of Smith or Pendlebury leaves us with 1 x CM

Edited by Rb123

Just now, Rb123 said:

Yes he said we'll need to sign at least 1 but ideally 2 midfielders, club hadn't prepared to sign anymore CM's so sounded as if we're starting from scratch in terms of scouting for ones. 

Said about how we need one asap due to the scenario of losing one of Smith or Pendlebury leaves us with 1 x CM

Connor Smith from Hearts would be a good signing. Attacking midfielder so would most likely play infront of Smith and Pendlebury, and he was quite good at a poor Hamilton side last season. Think it was reported that Dunfermline and Inverness were also interested in him though.

4 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Connor Smith from Hearts would be a good signing. Attacking midfielder so would most likely play infront of Smith and Pendlebury, and he was quite good at a poor Hamilton side last season. Think it was reported that Dunfermline and Inverness were also interested in him though.

Priority for me is getting a hard man cm in think were pretty sorted for attacking players unless someone leaves 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Priority for me is getting a hard man cm in think were pretty sorted for attacking players unless someone leaves 

I do think a proper DM in the mold of someone like Jamie Adams is a priority, but I still feel we're missing an out and out attacking midfielder who can properly link the play between midfield and attack. We haven't had someone like that since Stephen Kelly left.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Can we take all the national team chat out of this thread? Its a bit boring. I'm here for the Super and only the Super. 

Thank you.

Deal. Back to the game yesterday I thought it was a decent enough performance. McGeady was by far our best player. Chalmers showed in his 25 minute spell why we were all desperate to get him back, such a classy football player. A joy to watch. Rose was sadly anonymous. Didn't get any change out the livi Centre halves. Striker still remains a bit of a worry . Once Murphy is back it will be interesting to see how we fit him, McGeady, Chalmers and Amartey into the same team. I'd guess it will be a 4-2-3-1 with Chalmers, McGeady and Murphy behind Amartey/Rose. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Deal. Back to the game yesterday I thought it was a decent enough performance. McGeady was by far our best player. Chalmers showed in his 25 minute spell why we were all desperate to get him back, such a classy football player. A joy to watch. Rose was sadly anonymous. Didn't get any change out the livi Centre halves. Striker still remains a bit of a worry . Once Murphy is back it will be interesting to see how we fit him, McGeady, Chalmers and Amartey into the same team. I'd guess it will be a 4-2-3-1 with Chalmers, McGeady and Chalmers behind Amartey/Rose. 

I don’t imagine it’ll be too often we have them all fit at the same time, but if Rose struggles (and it’s far too early to tell if that will be the case) then we could potentially play Murphy in the withdrawn striker style role that Moff played for us with Forrest, McCowan and Kelly in behind him.

I know Chalmers is good btw, but taking up two positions behind the striker! It’s a mouthwatering prospect though with the three/four of them. 

Some up that game ...

Terrible defending/goalkeeping for the 2 goals ..

McGeady and Chalmers look absolute class....we need a striker to step up.....

Brydens finishing has to be better..

Played some decent stuff.

Get behind the team and stay off their backs and we will be fine ...

12 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Aw lads, another weekend of mediocre pish from you and another wee piece of history for your big cousins. I genuinely feel sorry for you that you never experience what we do on a regular basis. The Twisted Sisters both taken care of in the space of a fortnight and no goals conceded. If only you could overachieve like us. Hugs…….

I’m the exclusive dick on this thread mate. You’ve got a lot to learn.