The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Were we that bad or were we just outclassed?

Didn’t watch the game, only seen the result after full time but the stats made for some grim reading. 

We were that bad, but I'll judge us more against teams we're going to be closer to in the league, thats why next week is huge

Stanger only positive today, Rose isolated, McAllister a bombscare at times....

Play midfielders instead of shoving Musonda in there!!

If McKenzie starts next week, I really do give up

I watched from the stand today, the difference in interaction from the bench on either side was night and day, Goodwin embracing his players when they came on/off, loud and proud. Bullen literally ignored McGeady as he walked passed him.

Edited by diege

McKenzie needs to be dropped.

Musonda should never be played in midfield again.

We need to play 4 at the back.

Smith is too lightweight.

Rose needs company.

And the biggest one - if Bullen doesn’t change his attitude (which, let’s face it, is not going to happen) he will be out of a job before the end of September as fans will start talking with their feet.

I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt right up until today, but as people have said multiple times - he now has no Dipo magic to paper over the cracks.

McGeady as player / manager before October - get your bets on

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I think Mathie is too bought into the “plan” to even consider sacking Bullen.  Probably boils down to whether Bullen himself decides he’s had enough.  No idea which way that may go, but his after match interviews feel like he’s in tailspin of anger and frustration.  Not sure there’s anywhere for him to go in management if he fails at Ayr, so he will surely battle on and hope Chalmers and Murphy can lift things a bit and Rose can find something more than he showed today or at Livingston.

I think the ‘plan’ turns to shit if we get relegated to league 1.

Just ask Falkirk.

image.thumb.png.68a847987c60df62a9f7be4f1e9b74f3.png                     Would like to see us line up with something like this next week. Play Young deep as he looked decent based off his wee cameo today, Pendlebury box to box, and a proper attacking midfielder (Connor Smith hopefully) to link the play and support Rose. Rest of the team picks itself really.

Edited by GuyIncognito
spelling

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

image.thumb.png.68a847987c60df62a9f7be4f1e9b74f3.png    Would like to see us line up with something like this next week. Play Young deep as he looked decent based off his wee cameo today, Pendlebury box to box, an a proper attacking midfielder (Connor Smith hopefully) to link the play and support Rose. Rest of the team picks itself really.

Musonda and Ahui in for McGinty and McAllister. I know I said keep Ahui for the Falkirk game but McAllister is fucking hopeless and spends 90 minutes being hounded by his teammates for not being where he’s supposed to be. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Musonda and Ahui in for McGinty and McAllister. I know I said keep Ahui for the Falkirk game but McAllister is fucking hopeless and spends 90 minutes being hounded by his teammates for not being where he’s supposed to be. 

I can't see McGinty being dropped, and the fact that we haven't seen Ahui play for weeks (not even chucked on for 5-10 mins vs Livi when the game was done) doesn't convince me that he's any better than McAllister.

Tbf we do have likes of Murphy and Chalmers missing just now who would make a big difference in the final third which I'm sure Mr Bullen will be quick enough to remind everyone on several occasions.

However recruitment is becoming more questionable since we're signing guys from down south who don't seem to be anymore of a standout to who you could get up here and not have to worry about paying digs and whatever else for.

Willing to give the process another month to bed in as the turnover in players this summer has been quite big and unusual for a team that finished 2nd the season before, usually expected from a team that was at the wrong end of the league the following season and needing a rebuild. 

I'm under no illusions however that over the next month we've got Arbroath, Queens Park and Partick Thistle as our next 3 games who if we don't get any results there the Bullen GTF clan will be out in full force and it would be hard to defend if that's the case.

Still think the club should have let him go in the summer after getting whipped by Partick. Regardless of where we finished in the league you can't ge pumped rotten over two legs against the same team and expect your clubs support base to just come back the following season happy as Larry and forgotten all about it. It was embarrassing at the time and what's happening now the following season has danger of going embarrassing too...

36 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I can only guess that this is your first game under Bullen on your memory gets wiped after every game.

Guessed wrong mate (on both counts)..we'll do OK this season just need to get MF sorted and Bullen said they were working hard to get a couple in by next week ...let's not forget 3 of our first picks are out injured