The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I find it bizarre that we apparently spent time chasing Brian Graham and Billy McKay yet are now at a point with Rose as our only real striker and from what I’ve seen on him (admittedly very little) he’s not in the mould of either McKay or Graham.

So have we abandoned plans to play that way or are we still in the market for a striker?

Just now, Hazbart said:

I find it bizarre that we apparently spent time chasing Brian Graham and Billy McKay yet are now at a point with Rose as our only real striker and from what I’ve seen on him (admittedly very little) he’s not in the mould of either McKay or Graham.

So have we abandoned plans to play that way or are we still in the market for a striker?

He said the other day one possibly two signings so it’ll either be another midfielder and then the loan market for a striker or vice versa 

We are definitely needing another midfielder in as we've lost two and only brought in one. They better be bloody good as well, because I'm fed up watching other teams run through us. Remember, that was a United side missing Craig Sibbald today and they couldn't have been more comfortable. 

I guess we will need to wait and see what happens with all our players back fit, however I suspect that will rarely happen this season with our aged personnel. 

24 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

We are definitely needing another midfielder in as we've lost two and only brought in one. They better be bloody good as well, because I'm fed up watching other teams run through us. Remember, that was a United side missing Craig Sibbald today and they couldn't have been more comfortable. 

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one...

31 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

He said the other day one possibly two signings so it’ll either be another midfielder and then the loan market for a striker or vice versa 

He said that before we signed Young.  So we are looking for one player still. 

7 hours ago, Hazbart said:

This .how we went from a proven striker guaranteed 15 goals in the league to an unknown signing from the lower leagues down south .

Rose has done nothing to suggest he is any good .I really hope he does and like next week .

Bullen talked about signing players with experience. Apart from the luxury in mcgeady and Murphy where are these experienced players ? 

I'm scunnerd seeing Mark mckenzies name in that line up each week.

8 hours ago, Rb123 said:

At least in these interviews lately Bullen is being asked some pressing questions which is pleasing to see

“ we went in at half time well  in the game “ , really Lee ? I know you have to score to win a game but we were never in that game ! 

2 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

“ we went in at half time well  in the game “ , really Lee ? I know you have to score to win a game but we were never in that game ! 

I took that as confirmation that we were playing for a draw from the start.

As you say, you can't win a game without creating any opportunities. It was that grim yesterday.

9 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Away on holiday so missed the game yesterday. What does Pendlebury have to do to get a start, especially with our injuries? Looks an impressive CM who'll chip in with a few goals but looks like Bullen doesn't fancy him

I can only assume they’re worried about his lack of pace.  He really has to be given a fair chance though.  If he’s genuinely worse than what we watched yesterday, then it’s time to fire the head of recruitment.

23 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I can only assume they’re worried about his lack of pace.  He really has to be given a fair chance though.  If he’s genuinely worse than what we watched yesterday, then it’s time to fire the head of recruitment.

So why sign him then they must have known he didn't have pace

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Suspect the knives will well and truly be out after Gayfield. There is no way this group of players should look so clueless. 

Think last season in a poor championship imo bought him time . He has certainly steadied the ship bit I don't think he can take the club much further . 

36 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That bad? Anybody have a good game?

12 minutes ago, United1973 said:

So why sign him then they must have known he didn't have pace

A fair question.  Feel free to email your query to whoever it is that’s actually in charge of recruitment.  From what I’ve seen he does look reasonably comfortable on the ball and has a cracking shot on him, so we surely have to make an effort to find a shape that can get the best out of them.  I guess that’s Bullen’s department…