The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, AnonGuy7991 said:

Pendlebury was harshly done by, promised X & Y to come up here and was left twiddling his thumbs for the last few weeks watching a centre back play ahead of him. After hearing and witnessing how the manager is prone to always playing certain loyal favourites he’d have been concerned for his career spending two years up here. 

No massive bust up but Bullen didn’t exactly handle the situation too well and now leaves the gate open for more players to leave which sets a dangerous precedent when lads aren’t happy. A lot of players & staff trying to leave this in the last few months is an ominous sign.. 

He was not harshly done by, he was dropped for a centre half in one singular game. You are acting like he came up here, was dictating games all over the place and was then dropped. 

If players want to leave after being dropped for a singular game they can feel free - amazingly I don’t think it’s going to be an issue going forward. 

20 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

How does a player being homesick or falling out with the management have any bearing or criticism on the recruitment structure?

Since the new recruitment system launched it would be interesting to see how many players we have signed and how many went back down the road unable to settle. If this were compared to other clubs stats i reckon it would be quite high. Alongside pitch data they should be looking at character closer and ability to settle. Perhaps in a year once hospitality revenues begin they might look at other markets to tap into  

34 minutes ago, SomersetAyrshire said:

The usual cringeworthy crap of seeing all the assumptions and people turning on Pendlebury with absolutely nothing to back it up whatsoever. "Attitude problem and best he's away" and "wasn't good enough anyway". Aye, nae bother.

All hail the bald fucking fraud in the dugout.

How do you all like my alt account. 

Just now, AyrExile said:

Since the new recruitment system launched it would be interesting to see how many players we have signed and how many went back down the road unable to settle. If this were compared to other clubs stats i reckon it would be quite high. Alongside pitch data they should be looking at character closer and ability to settle. Perhaps in a year once hospitality revenues begin they might look at other markets to tap into  

Frankly who cares, Smith is the one paying the wages and ultimately we had a 2nd place finish (how we got there isn't important, merely the fact that we did).

If he's happy (and presumably he is) then I don't really see why we should get that bothered about it.

49 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Pendlebury chucking it could conceivably be a blessing in disguise.  (He really did look very one paced for the Championship).  I am saying that in hope rather than expectation that a new arrival will appear before Saturday that can lift things a bit.

But as the chaos in midfield goes on, there’s also no sign of a new striker appearing that could hopefully compliment Rose.  Continuing on with Rose, McKenzie and Bryden is honestly a terrifying thought.

Seem to remember the fans being told not to judge the young players as it might take a period of time to integrate. You might have thought the same message was relayed to the players and they understood a period of adjustment might be required. Each week a new problem seems to occur and the initial issues that still exist get forgotten about 

10 minutes ago, AnonGuy7991 said:

Pendlebury was harshly done by, promised X & Y to come up here and was left twiddling his thumbs for the last few weeks watching a centre back play ahead of him. After hearing and witnessing how the manager is prone to always playing certain loyal favourites he’d have been concerned for his career spending two years up here. 

No massive bust up but Bullen didn’t exactly handle the situation too well and now leaves the gate open for more players to leave which sets a dangerous precedent when lads aren’t happy. A lot of players & staff trying to leave this in the last few months is an ominous sign.. 

Was he really though Pendlebury is a 8 or 10 at a push he's never a number 6 and that what Frankie was asked to play, he's a decent ball playing center half who is also an established international player, I'm not saying I agree with Bullen playing Frankie over him but I can see the logic.

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Spoiler

Recruitment team joined over the winter of 2021-22:

January 22:

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Gondoh - failure

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Dempsey (loan) - success

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Ashford - failure

McInroy - success

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Rowe - never got a chance

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Kenyon - failure

Summer 22:

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Dempsey (permanent) - success

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Akinyemi - success

Bangala - failure

Musonda - success

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)JML - failure

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Kirk - success

Mullin (loan) - success

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Young - jury out (I thought he was OK)

Chalmers - success

January 23:

Mcaleer - flop

McGuire - flop

Mullin (permanent) - paid more than he was worth to keep him which resulted in deficiencies elsewhere not being addressed, spent most of that time injured, failure but still a good player.

Summer 23:

Mutch - looks ok, too early to tell

Stanger - success

Murphy - success

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Amartey - success

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Pendlebury - gone, failure

McGeady - success due to off field role

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Rose - too early to say

Ahui - can't base things off 45 mins, but not promising

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Chalmers - success

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Young - too early to say

(🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)Syla - too early to say

Totals

29 total signings

13 successes

9 failures

7 unknown

This is all just my opinion of course but make of it what you want

Posted this yesterday, but now been edited to show pendlebury leaving, syla signing, and added flags to show what players have come from down south

I'm no Bullen fan. That should be obvious to most. I actually think he's coming to the end of the road as Ayr manager.

However, the Pendlebury situation can't be attributed to him. Either Pendlebury has chucked the rattles and he's as well punted. Or he has struggled to settle and can't focus (it happens) and he's been released.

Either way it's the recruitment team and strategy I'm questioning... 🤔

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Was he really though Pendlebury is a 8 or 10 at a push he's never a number 6 and that what Frankie was asked to play, he's a decent ball playing center half who is also an established international player, I'm not saying I agree with Bullen playing Frankie over him but I can see the logic.

Think it stems from Bullen not having to balls to drop McGinty, and Musonda being too big a character to sit on the bench. Instead of dealing with the confrontation of dropping McGinty he instead unbalances the team by shoe horning the clubs best centre back into a holding midfielder.