The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone Summer Sale Bonanza!

Roll up! Roll up!

Buy one Callum Booth and get an Ali Crawford ABSOLUTELY FREE!

ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL!. DONT MISS OUT

*Ryan McGowan also available but extra charges apply

We’ll take Ryan McGowan please - hasn’t he generally been a regular starter for you though?

ETA - he provides the experience we need in central midfield, while also able to move to RB if Syla and Young are good… 

Edited by No_Problemo

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We’ll take Ryan McGowan please - hasn’t he generally been a regular starter for you though?

Yeah hes played a lot for us, but just doesnt fit the new managers "vision".

He wants energy/mobility, and players who are brave in possession. McGowan doesnt really tick any box there.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He wants energy/mobility, and players who are brave in possession. McGowan doesnt really tick any box there.

What is he actually like now as a RB/CM?

Looking at the seating plan on Arbroaths ticket website there are 171 non-disabled seats in sections A & B. It’s Thursday afternoon and there’s only 46 seats remaining. Are they just going to call it sold out once it’s full?

Edited by AyrAtlanta

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our problem is that we've got LOTS of energy and mobility, it's just that they have no positional sense, basically can't defend and aren't great at crossing a ball either !!

5 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Looking at the seating plan on Arbroaths ticket website there are 171 non-disabled seats in sections A & B. It’s Thursday afternoon and there’s only 46 seats remaining. Are they just going to call it sold out once it’s full?

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ayr will end up getting a wee bit of terracing too, most likely up to the corner flag 

When that sells out they’ll do above. Every Ayr fan that wants to go will get. 

58 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Mowbray doesn't seem to fancy him having him down as just a "runner" and "hard worker" with nothing great technically.

Having said that, there's a big difference between what's good enough for the top end of the English Championship and what's going to be passable for a Mid table Scottish Championship side !!

Mowbray has very definite ideas around keeping players in the U23s and the First Team.
Sunderland have had striker issues for a few months and he's not really brought any of the u23s in even as cover.

Edit: I see he played for the U21s on Tuesday night

Edited by Peil

Boys sorry to distract from the actual football chat, but is Sizzlers Indian any good? Going to be your way in a few weeks and was just told they were alright but this person also likes the taste of lemon drizzle cake so I can't trust them at all. Cheers.

7 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Boys sorry to distract from the actual football chat, but is Sizzlers Indian any good? Going to be your way in a few weeks and was just told they were alright but this person also likes the taste of lemon drizzle cake so I can't trust them at all. Cheers.

Can’t say I’ve ever tried Sizzlers but if you’re looking for Indian takeaway then your best bet is Ayr India down at the beach. 

15 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Should try 3 idiots or Priya 

17 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Never tried it. Some good Indian places in Ayr though.

Ayr India or 3 Idiots in particular.

Just now, AuAl said:

Never tried it. Some good Indian places in Ayr though.

Ayr India or 3 Idiots in particular.

3 idiots is a good shout. River Cottage is also quite good from what I’ve heard. 

Check out the Inverness v Ayr thread from last season if you want some information about chippies.

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

Nice to see fans of other clubs embracing our culinary chat. +1 for Ayr India.

Yes, and Ayr India is grand (despite sounding like the name of an airline).

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

3 idiots is a good shout. River Cottage is also quite good from what I’ve heard. 

Aye, only been to River Cottage (in its new capacity as an Indian Restaurant) the once, but was decent.

RIP original River Cottage.