The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think of the three midfielders we’ve signed he might have the best chance simply because of his height and presumably his physical attributes. If you’re shite in this league but hard to bully and able to push folk about then you can just about get by. 

The loans are clearly a short term fix until Dempsey and Murdoch are fit but I’d guess Syla is the Pendlebury replacement given he’s on a two year deal and is our own player. If we can get any kind of striker in then I’ll be relatively happy. 

All these new guys are going to make rookie mistakes which lead to goals and exposing the defence and putting them under pressure. Not a criticism but just an inevitable fact, especially since they won't have anyone senior to see them through the game or that.

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

image.thumb.png.8c40e5a909bf91c47cfb1ca87d4ed55b.pngMaybe, but seems quite imbalanced.

McGeady would play behind the 2 runners.  Take the ball from the back 4, put his foot on the ball, use his experience, lack of mobility not such an issue etc etc…

Yes, I’m feeling a little desperate.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He has a full page on the Reading website, seems to be well thought of. Maybe not such a daft signing

I’m not too sure that means anything..

Ultimately they might all be decent enough individually, but it’s a big ask to control a midfield at this level with their experience. 

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

image.thumb.png.8c40e5a909bf91c47cfb1ca87d4ed55b.pngMaybe, but seems quite imbalanced.

Yeah, I think it’ll need to look like this formation wise and with McGeady central. I don’t think Smith will be starting, and ideally not McGinty either!

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, I think it’ll need to look like this formation wise and with McGeady central. I don’t think Smith will be starting, and ideally not McGinty either!

I would personally of course put a fully fit Musonda in over McGinty, and maybe Syla/Senga in for Smith. I just think that's what we're likely to play tomorrow if we went with McGeady in midfield as @Nelson was suggesting.

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

I would personally of course put a fully fit Musonda in over McGinty, and maybe Syla/Senga in for Smith. I just think that's what we're likely to play tomorrow if we went with McGeady in midfield as @Nelson was suggesting.

Yeah, I think you are probably right - although McKenzie maybe plays over Amartey. 

It is just so difficult to sign these guys and then ask them to go impose themselves in the middle of the park when the season is already well underway and we have a tough set of games too. It might be slightly different if we at least had pre season to bed them in. I imagine the pace up here is going to give them a huge surprise and we can’t really have an entire central midfield of people getting up to speed.