The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

The level below the national league absolutely fucking isn’t a step up from the championship - wild shout. 

I genuinely thought Scunthorpe were still a League One club. What the f**k has happened to them? 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Maybe if we chuck in a bag of footballs. 

We signed a guy from Clyde in the Burley days, Think his name was either Vincent or McVicar or something for £3k and some training footballs. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I genuinely thought Scunthorpe were still a League One club. What the f**k has happened to them? 

Yeah - I didn’t realise they had dropped down so far. Initially I looked and saw he was off to the national league, which I thought was a poor move for him in itself, then realised he was off even lower than that! Weird one. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe if we chuck in a bag of footballs. 

We signed a guy from Clyde in the Burley days, Think his name was either Vincent or McVicar or something for £3k and some training footballs. 

Stainrod signed someone in exchange for a bag of tracksuits

Possibly Bilsland as we got him from an amateur team

I imagine that is us now done, unless we get a loan striker from England before tonight’s deadline. 

McGeady and McGinty are going to be absolutely carrying a team with a mix of very young boys, those who are completely new to the level and then the couple of pish players we have left over from last season. And Logan Chalmers of course! I imagine we’ll be feeling sorry for our three actual footballers over the course of the season - I’m sure the new boys will all contribute something but I just can’t imagine us controlling games and getting the best out of the guys in front of them. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I imagine that is us now done, unless we get a loan striker from England before tonight’s deadline. 

McGeady and McGinty are going to be absolutely carrying a team with a mix of very young boys, those who are completely new to the level and then the couple of pish players we have left over from last season. And Logan Chalmers of course! I imagine we’ll be feeling sorry for our three actual footballers over the course of the season - I’m sure the new boys will all contribute something but I just can’t imagine us controlling games and getting the best out of the guys in front of them. 

We've not controlled many games in the last few seasons even when we did have some more experienced players in midfield tbf 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

We've not controlled many games in the last few seasons even when we did have some more experienced players in midfield tbf 

Yeah - but we haven’t tried to, we seem to be attempting it this season without any of the players to do so… which is inevitably going to lead to absolute disaster!

ETA, even with Murdoch and Dempsey fit we need a ball player sitting behind one of them to play that style. 

Edited by No_Problemo

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is still Steven Fletcher, Charlie Mulgrew, Ryan McGeown, James McCarthy, David Wotherspoon & Robert Snodgrass kicking about but most of them have been without a club for a couple of months. Half wouldn't come to us and 2-3 are done. 

Plus anyone else who negotiates themselves a release before the end of the day   

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - but we haven’t tried to, we seem to be attempting it this season without any of the players to do so… which is inevitably going to lead to absolute disaster!

Aye fair point.  I'm clutching at straws a wee bit but IF the two new lads are decent on the ball then there's still plenty experience ahead of them in McGeady and Murphy... Notice Senga is quite tall as well so maybe give us a wee bit more presence in there too.    

Obviously if one or even both of them are rotten then we are in serious bother...

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Aye fair point.  I'm clutching at straws a wee bit but IF the two new lads are decent on the ball then there's still plenty experience ahead of them in McGeady and Murphy... Notice Senga is quite tall as well so maybe give us a wee bit more presence in there too.    

Obviously if one or even both of them are rotten then we are in serious bother...

We can only hope…

I really need to find a grain of hope from somewhere tbf!

Yeah - we also need Rose to be pretty good too!

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We can only hope…

I really need to find a grain of hope from somewhere tbf!

Yeah - we also need Rose to be pretty good too!

Our level is pretty grim in reality terms, so it's surely not a huge leap of faith to think that we'll get 2 semi decent / passable performers out of Senga, Young and Syla ?

On the other hand they could absolutely Excel so who knows we might end up looking back on this in a few months and wonder what all the panic was about !!

I still think we need a striker though, ideally someone with a bit of stature who can hold the ball up and bring our classy wingers in to the play.

(I'm thinking Walker with Hursty and Teale playing off him).

47 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

I take it that’s us done for the window. I’d imagine if we had anyone with proper experience someone would be in the know or would have been announced by know. Really underwhelming on paper but I can see these boys being outstanding and we will be fucked in January when they leave. 

I tried asking the person I know who is the most "in the know" and he gave me f**k all.

Have to say I find it all really underwhelming too.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Our level is pretty grim in reality terms, so it's surely not a huge leap of faith to think that we'll get 2 semi decent / passable performers out of Senga, Young and Syla ?

On the other hand they could absolutely Excel so who knows we might end up looking back on this in a few months and wonder what all the panic was about !!

I still think we need a striker though, ideally someone with a bit of stature who can hold the ball up and bring our classy wingers in to the play.

(I'm thinking Walker with Hursty and Teale playing off him).

I’m sure we worked out that we were at about a 1/3 success rate with signings from England. The championship absolutely gets under rated and players come up here from England and are semi regularly stinking. I would also say we need better than semi decent in there, we need at least one actual good player for the level. 

I am hoping so - just not expecting it!

We do, yeah. It is also some insurance if Rose is poor, as right now we have nothing to compete with him. 

23 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

What's tht senga guys name ayr have it as Jay while reading have it down as Jack?

His name is Jack but he's known as Jay. 

The Reading chronicle has him down as a Belgium u21 International which would seem a very good level if correct.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Under 15 according to wiki 

Screenshot_20230901_193634_Wikipedia.jpg

Yes, I saw that myself and couldn't find anything about the U21's but at least it seems he's rated by Reading so hopefully he'll be up to it.