The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I try to be positive.

Its a nice trait to have. More should try it to be honest.

The world's full of so much hate and negativity, a full time Championship team on the West Coast of Scotland should be people's happy place, despite the ups and downs it gives you.

Directors come, directors go

Managers come managers go.

Players come, players go.

Don't take my positivity as accepting 2nd best, not hurting or not caring, far from it.

But the days of me spoiling my weekend and the days after a defeat are long long gone thankfully.

That includes trying to right the wrongs of 90 minutes of football on an anonymous internet forum.

Bucky you win the internet for me with that post.  Superb.

Things look bleak at the moment but things can turn around quickly in this league.

FWIW I don't think Bullen will be let go as he seems to fit in with 'the project'.  Whether that's right or not, time will tell.  I think he deserves a bit of time after a strong season with an average squad last year.  

If we can somehow sort the centre of midfield things might improve quickly - as we've got some good attacking options (especially when Murphy returns).

But it's fucking tough right now, so I'm switching off from Ayr and heading out. 

If Bullen wants a career in management, this is the point he starts leaking things to the support about a shambles behind the scenes etc.

if he’s personally let down by recruitment or things are taken out of his hands, he needs to make it all about him and own the situation rather than have his career wasted by others trying to hide. Any loyalty he has would be tested when he gets emptied in a fortnight. 

If it is down to him, it will be known pretty quickly if a replacement comes in and gets a tune out of the team straight away.

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

True but we did lose 2 mainstays in our midfield in August

Agreed, however it's not like those two had been setting the heather alight since Christmas. We've won 8 league games this calendar year, which is hardly inspiring. However, I shall do as I am told and judge in October.

The midfield recruitment still wasn’t good enough before Dempsey and Murdoch were injured, it didn’t address any of our issues, so I’m not having that as an excuse. 

To then go out and sign three children, with hardly a game between them, is just unbelievable. 

The entire recruitment process over the summer looks very much like throwing things around without any form of discernible plan whatsoever. They haven’t remotely signed players that fit into a system or a style of play. 

People are entitled to be positive if they want, I can’t see any reason to be but that is entirely up to them. People are also entitled to be negative, as frankly the warning signs are blaring. 

Just now, Rb123 said:

Is there anyone on here who was actually at the game who can summarise if we were actually that bad or just unlucky? 

don't worry, our glorious leader has assured us that it was a matter of "fine margins" and that we were "unlucky". Don't worry though, as our "good group of lads" will be coming into training on monday "hungry" and "wanting to put things right", so better haul your arse along to somerset on tuesday night to watch a second string team get ripped apart by a team from the league below, and then watch us get take 4 or 5 of Partick, as we "have the character to get through this."

Spoiler

Aye times up bullen, just don't see how this ends any other way except a relegation fight if he stays

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

don't worry, our glorious leader has assured us that it was a matter of "fine margins" and that we were "unlucky". Don't worry though, as our "good group of lads" will be coming into training on monday "hungry" and "wanting to put things right", so better haul your arse along to somerset on tuesday night to watch a second string team get ripped apart by a team from the league below, and then watch us get take 4 or 5 of Partick, as we "have the character to get through this."

Reveal hidden contents

Aye times up bullen, just don't see how this ends any other way except a relegation fight if he stays

⬆️ absolutely raging

⬆️verge of tears

etc

10 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Is there anyone on here who was actually at the game who can summarise if we were actually that bad or just unlucky? 

I don’t think you were that bad - a bit powder puff tbh and McGeady looked finished to me, had a cracking chance first half and fucked it. Reminded me of us having Scotty Allan on the park. Chalmers deliveries were giving me the fear but apart from that not much going on

Certainly not any worse than Morton. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I expected us to be beaten today and stated last week that the time to judge would be the end of October given that we had such a new team and many weren't / aren't match sharp or used to playing with one another.

This sounds a bit like jam tomorrow for me with tomorrow never arriving.

We play the same aimless turgid stuff we've been playing this calendar year except we don't have Dipo to pull us through games by the scruff of the neck. We need battlers and they are sadly lacking in this team. The ball is like a hot potato, nobody wants it.