The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As an Arbroath fan I thought the lad Syla was so so good I wish we had a baller like him in our team....

Chalmers?? get rid of him lads there's no place for would be pop stars (fannys) in the Scottish championship. 

Get McGeedy of your wage bill as well. 

19 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

HWG 

Again, everything he said was fair enough, maybe could have been more critical, he comes off slightly like today was no biggie

He'll get the support he's looking for from the support as long as he and the players deliver. But everyone has got to the stage they expect the same turgid standard. 

Its up to him to get the most out the players to keep the support onside.  

28 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

As an Arbroath fan I thought the lad Syla was so so good I wish we had a baller like him in our team....

Chalmers?? get rid of him lads there's no place for would be pop stars (fannys) in the Scottish championship. 

Chalmers will contribute far more good than bad over the season but I can see why you’d say that as I thought he was, largely, complete arse today. Certainly doesn’t help that he looks like our only capable out ball though.

Wasted a perfectly good day again with that pish.

Convinced that Bullen is not the man for the job now 100% and we are simply delaying the agony.

Arbroath players constantly talking each other through the game today.

Not a peep on our side apart from Charlie.

Too quiet - just like Bullen.

Football is crap to watch.

Blind loyalty is all that is left.

We will be rooted at the bottom of that league shortly.

Defeat on Tuesday and he is a dead man walking.

32 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Wasted a perfectly good day again with that pish.

Convinced that Bullen is not the man for the job now 100% and we are simply delaying the agony.

Arbroath players constantly talking each other through the game today.

Not a peep on our side apart from Charlie.

Too quiet - just like Bullen.

Football is crap to watch.

Blind loyalty is all that is left.

We will be rooted at the bottom of that league shortly.

Defeat on Tuesday and he is a dead man walking.

I feel for you. I usually go to Arbroath for the steak and black pudding pie alone. However, its so painful to watch at the minute that it really does drain the life from you. I'm home games only for the foreseeable.

I don't even know if I'll make it on Tuesday night. It's unlikely at the moment as it takes an extra effort as I have to get someone to pick up the kids and then the lengthy drive. The turgid crap being served up really isn't worth that. 

No thanks.

2 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

Concerned that Syla might be shite based on this old man's post 

Desperation beginning to creep into the interviews. He has no idea how to change it.

Difficult to see what could even be done to fix it at this point. Glendinning has fucked it and Bullen has utterly no response beyond roll-the-dice substitutions.

As each week passes it becomes more bewildering that the club and Bullen didn't just part ways in the summer. Project or no project, did Bullen really think he could outperform last seasons (on-paper) achievements?

This is obviously ending badly and nobody comes out of it looking good.

40 minutes ago, NoAmarteyNoParty said:

As each week passes it becomes more bewildering that the club and Bullen didn't just part ways in the summer.

True, but on the face of it a club sacking their manager after their highest finish in 20 odd years looks absolutely mental.

Even though we’re well aware that we were absolutely rotten from December onwards 

58 minutes ago, NoAmarteyNoParty said:

As each week passes it becomes more bewildering that the club and Bullen didn't just part ways in the summer. Project or no project, did Bullen really think he could outperform last seasons (on-paper) achievements?

This is obviously ending badly and nobody comes out of it looking good.

Wonder if Bullen regrets knocking back the chance to manage Dundee when it came about last May now? 

2nd place with that squad will probably be his highest moment in management - if he ever wants to progress his career he should’ve left whilst his stock was at its highest. 

You either die a hero or stick around long enough to become the villain… 

As it stands there are three players in that squad i would be confident can make a decent contribution over the course of a season. That's based on fitness , injury , ability, adapting to life in Scotland  and previous form. There will be more(hopefully a lot) that come good as not had enough time to fully judge them all tbf.  Dempsey and Murdoch would also have been added but are now injured.  

It does seem a very low amount though to get through a season and be competitive. It will also take a lot of things to go right for us to avoid a relegation battle. My only hope is that the owner has been keeping things tight due to cost of building project but will intervene if our leage position looks in jeopardy

36 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

True, but on the face of it a club sacking their manager after their highest finish in 20 odd years looks absolutely mental.

Dundee sacked their manager after winning the title. 

Seems like we have some defensive issues more than anything. Can’t keep conceding goals from set plays like that.

with McGinty in there we should be clearing most crosses etc. obviously the deficiencies at FB aren’t helping but Bullen needs to be fixing this in training.

we had plenty of chances to score, McGeady needs to do better, he could’ve had a couple.