The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Perfectly acceptable to want to lose in this shitty cup competition IMO!

You can disregard the cup all you like but wanting to lose games so someone can be sacked is a stupid stance to take. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can disregard the cup all you like but wanting to lose games so someone can be sacked is a stupid stance to take. 

We are going to lose the league games anyway, so we might as well lose in an utter irrelevance of a cup that loses us money if anything and speed up the process - in turn losing less games that actually matter. 

I wouldn’t quite call that stupid. 

I don’t actually want us to lose, but I really couldn’t give the slightest f**k. Though, would I sacrifice this game if I knew it would lead to the appointment of a manager able to implement an attacking, possession based style of play? All fucking day. 

Edited by No_Problemo

My thinking if McGinty’s knock against Abroath means he won’t play is either we go 4-3-3 with McAllister and Stanger as the centre back or a 4-4-2 with Senga and Stanger (according to transfermarket he’s played there before  in reading youth teams)

9867700F-9F91-4905-BE15-C97B103148FB.png

1501CCC4-3E06-49B8-A529-8F346D886A13.png

I don't care for the Challenge Cup at all. Brian Reid got it right.

I have some sympathy with the winning mentality argument. However, under the present incumbent of the dugout we're not winning this either.

I also agree that wanting us to lose is bizarre. I didn't even reach that stage under Roberts, I just stopped going.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I have some sympathy with the winning mentality argument. However, under the present incumbent of the dugout we're not winning this either.

I also agree that wanting us to lose is bizarre. I didn't even reach that stage under Roberts, I just stopped going.

I have wanted us losing to result in a manager getting emptied plenty of times, but have never actually actively wanted us to lose so that someone loses their job. That's spiteful weirdo behaviour.

I used to like the Challenge Cup but the addition of colt teams has sapped my enthusiasm for it.

Losing always hurts though. If we get put out of the cup tomorrow night I will still be downcast - regardless of the perceived value of the Challenge Cup. I want us to win every game no matter what's at stake.

I hope Bullen has it in him to turn this poor form around. I doubt it though.

6 hours ago, Rb123 said:

We'll probably still lose and actually some of our support are probably actually secretly hoping we do lose tomorrow night so we're closer to Bullen being binned 

It seems to be a majority of people on here that want Bullen sacked but a minority of the actual support which is pretty odd .. 

My view has always been that this season was going to be a transitional one . Perhaps if we had finished 5th or 6th last season people would be less frenzied . So after a decent League Cup we’ve hit a bad patch and lost to a couple of teams who’ll like us will be about mid table or below . There has been several issues , discussed to death on here but some of the biggest clubs in the country will have them as well despite having spent millions . Let’s see where we are midway through the second quarters and take it from there . 

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I think where you are so far down the road with someone in the dugout that them losing the next game very clearly means it's time for goodbye it's acceptable just to get it over with.  Usually coaches that win those keep job matches don't survive all that much longer anyway.  I'd say it's fine in those circumstances

Outside of that it's a bit weird, as you say just vote with your feet.  

I don’t really see what sacking Bullen achieves at this point.  Would only add more instability with yet another caretaker period for Dave White than another period of trying to get a new manager settled in.  We’d be better advised to focus on getting the new midfielders up to speed and trying to find another striker.  If the new guys turn out to be sub standard and we stick with Rose and McKenzie up front, I think we’re doomed whoever is in charge.

3 hours ago, railwayend said:

It seems to be a majority of people on here that want Bullen sacked but a minority of the actual support which is pretty odd .. 

My view has always been that this season was going to be a transitional one . Perhaps if we had finished 5th or 6th last season people would be less frenzied . So after a decent League Cup we’ve hit a bad patch and lost to a couple of teams who’ll like us will be about mid table or below . There has been several issues , discussed to death on here but some of the biggest clubs in the country will have them as well despite having spent millions . Let’s see where we are midway through the second quarters and take it from there . 

Agree with you . Its the fact that the football has been crap for a long time for me .if I'm paying £22 to watch it I want to see something  good.  Watching rank rotten football under bullen does not appeal to me in the slightest.  That said I wouldn't want us to lose just so that he gets sacked .as you said a transitional season but there know gor 18 months about full backs since Christmas there known dipo would be going . They new Murphy was injury prown so deal with it mr bullen and get it sorted . 

16 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It depends the side Falkirk put out too, but given they don’t have a game at the weekend I would be surprised if it wasn’t relatively strong - they are going to rip us to shreds out wide though. 

I think he will be too, if they get him a couple of decent signings he might cling on but I can’t see him getting that. Definitely got a horrible feeling that we are going to experience some dejavu against Partick. 

The feeling is we will play quite a weak team tbh. We have a small squad and carrying a few injuries. Wouldn’t be surprised if we play with a couple of 17 year olds. 

56 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I don’t really see what sacking Bullen achieves at this point.  Would only add more instability with yet another caretaker period for Dave White than another period of trying to get a new manager settled in.  We’d be better advised to focus on getting the new midfielders up to speed and trying to find another striker.  If the new guys turn out to be sub standard and we stick with Rose and McKenzie up front, I think we’re doomed whoever is in charge.

There are two ways to look at it, you continue with Bullen, hoping that he turns a corner and gets a tune out of the players he has and this happens before we are relegated or miss out on a promotion playoff place but you would potentially write off the season in Q1 because you persevered with someone who clearly isn't up to the job. 

Or, you bring someone in with fresh ideas that will change thins up early enough in the season to make their mark on the squad before the January window, putting us in a healthier place for next season. But potentially recruiting someone with a load of ideas that don't really come off and you end up having a turgid season anyway.