The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Falkirk got the better of us twice in a year. Both teams weaker than last season and we never even had a shot on target last night (that I can remember). 

They kind of got the better of us twice in a year too so I wouldn’t worry too much about that as anything can happen in the cups.  We we’re pretty awful in the games we played against them in the challenge cup and then in the league cup

Edited by third lanark

Sadly Bullen ain't going anywhere for a bit of time yet i would guess. Second place last season,. making the next round of the league cup and the midfield injuries all provide a bit of a cushion. Things can't be great behind the scenes but depending on how much he has lost the dressing room may speed things up. 

A lot of people on here have called the direction we were headed and it will only get worse. The two midfield injures were a big loss and will have changed the whole recruitment plan. Even with them fit though our business in the transfer market has been poor. The 'low cost inexperienced south east' strategy needed balancing out with sufficient local experience. Probably need a couple of tankings plus a few losses to see some change  

1 hour ago, ComradeDiego said:

He’s needed an assistant since day dot.

We could really be doing with a Sandy Stewart type.

It is pretty weird that we've gone from: He'll be looking to appoint an assistant > None of his targets were available for a number of reasons > He's 52 why would be need an assistant? 

I found it strange at the time that nobody seemed to want to work with him given the general enthusiasm in the early days. If the club were to swing back into the stance of needing an extra pair of hands would they ultimately fail again or just impose someone on Bullen? 

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Are most of the players you are signing from the same agent or agency?  That maybe part of the problem if you are.

There was talk that for some reason Airdrieonians were using the one players agency

Don’t think so. I think there’s genuine work and scouting going on here which is a tad more concerning. 

I hope we can turn it around but I'm certainly in the camp of 'I doubt it' in terms of being able to. Ideally I would play 4-4-2 with Rose and Amartey up front but Thistle will likely overrun the midfield if we go with just two in the middle. This squad of players will need to play out of their minds next Friday to stand any chance. 

22 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I hope we can turn it around but I'm certainly in the camp of 'I doubt it' in terms of being able to. Ideally I would play 4-4-2 with Rose and Amartey up front but Thistle will likely overrun the midfield if we go with just two in the middle. This squad of players will need to play out of their minds next Friday to stand any chance. 

Yeah, a 4-4-2 with Chalmers/McGeady out wide, inexperienced central midfielders and poor full backs would get absolutely fucked. Though, I suppose - whatever thing you look to do you could conclude the same. 

When thistle sacked mccall they brought in a new manager who completely changed the team .because they already had the quality there .we don't have the quality of player that a new manger would turn it around. I can't get over how bad the recruitment this summer barring 2 or 3 players has been . Ahui looks like he's never played football before .and you just know the other players we signed won't do either . And when you look at the bench and who's warming up you know mckenzie and bryden are offering nothing. A real shit show.

bullen will get the partick game .we'll do well for the 1st 20 mins they'll score from a set piece or a defensive error and that will be that .the crowd will start with the chants and that'll be the end of bully.

I am sorry if I'm overreacting and/or being overdramatic, but it has been years since I have felt as pessimistic about a season. The squad, tactics, management and recruitment are all garbage. 

Nice new stand is getting built though. Here's a nice wee picture of some diggers.

Would be fun to see a banner based on what the Lyon fans told their players at the weekend there...

You’re the ones who wear the Ayr jersey. Others before you have worn it, glorified it. You don’t have the right to tarnish it.

Just now, Iain said:

Would be fun to see a banner based on what the Lyon fans told their players at the weekend there...

You’re the ones who wear the Ayr jersey. Others before you have worn it, glorified it. You don’t have the right to tarnish it.

Just get the microphone off Somerset Boab and go for it

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

Lack of fight isn't the problem here. Complete lack of direction and leadership is. The manager doesn't know what he's doing and the players look like they'd very much rather never have met each other.

Blaming the players for lack of fight let the parties actually responsible off the hook. To wit, see the excuses in the post-match interviews.

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

I’d pay top dollar to see Bill McWilliam shout this with a megaphone.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’d pay top dollar to see Bill McWilliam shout this with a megaphone.

In fairness, the cost to hear pished idiots blame the players for other people's mistakes is twenty pounds. Just stand at the corner of the SRE from the 50 minute mark on any given week.