The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Sports scientists, technical directors, video analysts, weekly roundtables with everybody yet we cant work out that McGinty, Reading and McAllister can't beat the press. Geez peace man. 

But Reading and McCalister looked good against Alloa! 

Another thing, he talks a lot about keeping consistency within the squad, which I totally understand. However, is there any point banging that drum when the kind consistency you're referring to takes the shape of multi-year contract extensions for McKenzie, McGinty, Ashford, Hewitt etc? I think I am being fair when I say that 3/4 of those guys wouldn't get another club in the division trying to sign them. McGinty is probably the only one who can play at this level but nobody's banging on the door trying to buy him. 

I suppose I should add that re-upping Albinson was a good bit of business. 

Edited by Shibuya

Interview probably had more openness than I expected. Realistically he can't throw the manager or individuals under a bus when the squad is already low on confidence but he made some attempt to answer most things so it'll come down to whether or not people agree or at least accept the answers given from Mathie's POV.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t be fucked watching. Someone give me a run down when they get the chance. 

We made approaches/offers to multiple experienced Scottish players but they went elsewhere due to money, he said that basically all the experience Scottish players that have signed for Dundee United and Raith this summer we enquired for at least if not made offers too

Weren't expecting as big a turnover of players this summer and knew we were never going to get 1 signing to replace Dipo so tried to get players such as McGeady and Murphy who would help spread the goal amount over multiple people

Were looking at fullbacks at beginning of season but seem to decide to stick with them after having decent summer, couldn't review it at end of window due to using all remaining funds on new midfield. 

Pendlebury left due to home sickness 

Was asked about singing another striker but never answered it

Bullen ain't going anywhere anytime soon as Mathie says a knee jerk reaction sacking isn't going to miraculously turn results around in his belief

Discussions have took place about a training ground at potentially old depot site behind Railway end but don't think that location will happen as Smith mentioned in summer it's owned by foreign company. Mathie says other sites are currently being scoped out

Working with Ayrshire College about doing a mural for the wall on Somerset Road

May be a slight chance of having North terrace open towards end of season but pretty unlikely due to council red tape with safety certificates etc 

There's other infrastructure projects in the pipeline that they hope to have news to announce on in the short term future

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Sounds like there is some interest in the land behind the railway end but don’t want to comment any further at this time. 

who is it that owns that again? Kirkland? 

German company who have placed a huge valuation on it. 

Kirkland had the car park once upon a time. 

13 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Another thing, he talks a lot about keeping consistency within the squad, which I totally understand. However, is there any point banging that drum when the kind consistency you're referring to takes the shape of multi-year contract extensions for McKenzie, McGinty, Ashford, Hewitt etc? I think I am being fair when I say that 3/4 of those guys wouldn't get another club in the division trying to sign them. McGinty is probably the only one who can play at this level but nobody's banging on the door trying to buy him. 

I suppose I should add that re-upping Albinson was a good bit of business. 

McGinty had a very good offer to leave Scotland last January and leveraged it to stay and get a better deal here. 

On the recruitment, he said they weren’t expecting as big a turnaround. He then said McAdams and Mullen had signalled early they were leaving and Dipo wanted to leave.

We chose to free several players and moved on O’Conner, Ashford and JML after that.

So we sold/freed loads of players but didn’t expect such a turnaround…

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Realistically he can't (and shouldn't) come out and criticise anyone the club still employs, so this sort of thing is only ever going to get to a certain point.

Absolutely. You only ever see it with headcase owners like Romanov. I still think we need a much improved performance on Friday to ease us through this period.