The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

All a bit cliche driven and birthday caird pish if I'm honest. He backs Bullen but not sure what else he is meant to do in that situation tbf.

Dont think this changes anything at all tbh. There will be no one who was anti-Bullen now changed their opinion based on that interview so all a bit pointless really. 

The toxicity will continue if/when Thistle beat us on Friday. 

30 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Pendlebury left due to home sickness

This was not said. What was said was that he couldn't settle, and given that he wasn't being picked in a team full of fucking garbage that makes sense.

Anyway, it was a lot more candid than you'd get out of a lot of clubs, but the recruitment disaster being treated as some sort of unavoidable external and the general backing of Bullen pretty much seals it. Relegation is unavoidable.

Pure guesswork on my part but I took from the refusal to answer that we are looking for a striker still.  Basing this purely on the fact the full backs were specifically addressed and we are not looking there.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Pure guesswork on my part but I took from the refusal to answer that we are looking for a striker still.  Basing this purely on the fact the full backs were specifically addressed and we are not looking there.  

Yeah i think a striker is in the works and that's why he never mentioned it

Even the fullbacks question is astonishing. The rationale that they'd done well in the League Cup implies that there was no effort to recruit better replacements before that. The timing of Houston leaving (and being replaced with someone who, per one of my mates who was there on Tuesday, "runs like he's just been sewed together by Frankenstein") feeds into that. Anyone who watched last season who thought that it was worth giving the existing options another go is an imbecile.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Even the fullbacks question is astonishing. The rationale that they'd done well in the League Cup implies that there was no effort to recruit better replacements before that. The timing of Houston leaving (and being replaced with someone who, per one of my mates who was there on Tuesday, "runs like he's just been sewed together by Frankenstein") feeds into that. Anyone who watched last season who thought that it was worth giving the existing options another go is an imbecile.

I’d be paying money to get Houston back if it meant he went into the side over Ahui. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be paying money to get Houston back if it meant he went into the side over Ahui. 

He wouldn't be going into the side over Ahui though. McAllister is first choice there and is better than Houston. That it saying very little btw as all three are league 1 at best level defenders. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He wouldn't be going into the side over Ahui though. McAllister is first choice there and is better than Houston. That it saying very little btw as all three are league 1 at best level defenders. 

Houston was better than McAllister, no doubt about it. He was just rarely available as his body was quite fragile which in itself was a problem and the reason he was let go.

McAllister despite his technical & defensive flaws, heart in the right place and would play through any pain barrier to make himself available. 

Albeit admirable, that being your main trait shouldn’t keep you as #1 right back for the season. 

38 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It’s a conversation 

I thought you were joking. I'm watching this in 5 minute bursts. Suffering f**k our recruitment amounts to Bullen, Mathie & Glendinning having a conversation. Thanks for that insight Graeme. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Lee Bullen: I don't need an assistant. I'm 52 years old.

Graeme Mathie: Davie White is the assistant.

That's a bit odd, no?

Sounded more like

"Davie White helps so he's kinda the assistant but he's no really wanting to take the flak for Bullen no listening to a word from his backroom staff" 

I've learnt f**k all from that 35 mins. Some poor excuses in and around recruitment. I still don't know who is responsible for what in the recruitment department. That shouldn't be a hard question to answer, why dodge it?

The only thing I take away is that Mathie is tying his wagon to Bullens. It's a bold strategy, wait too long and the ire will be fired at him.