The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Is it automatic or optional that a player doesn’t play against his parent club while on loan?

I seem to recall that UEFA allow it in their competitions, but different countries/leagues have their own rules. And I'm pretty sure it's a rule in the SPFL that a player can't play against their parent club.

Edited by Nightmare

Seems like a fairly solid signing to me. Not much risk attached to this guy. We know he can hold his own in the Championship, he's an ideal age and he's not an absolute stab in the dark like these other guys we've signed.

Says a lot about Particks opinion of us as rivals right enough.

Bit underwhelming but not much else to choose from. Least he’s got some experience. Hopefully he finds his feet here again cos according to some Partick fans he’s been guff for a year. He’ll also need to find his head as he’ll be getting balls shelled at it what with big Sean and bully ball.

24 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Tomlinson just had a great run from his own half to the box pass was unfortunate then gets the ball back with a tackle and his shot gets blocked for a corner

If we're playing 433, I'm starting to think Tomlinson with the free role in midfield with 2 sitting midfielders might be worth trying.

some folk are never happy, we need a striker and someone with league experience that’s not an absolute dinosaur. So we sign Dowds and who ticks all these boxes and folk claiming he isn’t a starter or is uninspiring. Would these people really prefer bryden or mckenzie up front? 

if we are going 442 he’s perfect to play alongside rose with chalmers firing balls from one side and Murphy/Amartey on the other doing the same 

Dowds is as good as we could get in this current loan window. If we had signed him permanently last month I’d have been really please. As it’s a loan I hope we aren’t bent over a barrel in January by Thistle. 

He was good at Arbroath iirc. 

On 10/09/2023 at 23:02, itzdrk said:

Pure guesswork on my part but I took from the refusal to answer that we are looking for a striker still.  Basing this purely on the fact the full backs were specifically addressed and we are not looking there.  

0_JS276333932.jpg

Thought Dowds would have been an  excellent signing for us but it just never happened for him and it looks as if Dools never really rated him. Could do a half decent job at Ayr if he is up for it. To be honest, in his short sub appearances this season he has looked far from interested but that might be down to the manager not really fancying him and telling him that!