The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Hope it's a massive success. 

It's a shame that he didn't settle in Dunfermline (think his partner was pretty vocal about not enjoying the house move). But for the time we had him he was such an intelligent footballer, I've said it before but I have no idea how he changed so rapidly as a footballer, I thought we were getting a goalscoring number 9, and instead we got this fantastic number 10. I thought with his coaching role at Ayr he'd have stayed in the dugout. 

I know he would have developed at Dunfermline, but did he arrive as a good number ten? I’m assuming it was always there to some extent, but he was just never used in that way. He obviously came back to Ayr as one of, if not the best number ten in the lower leagues. 

19 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

my assumption is he still wants to play football which is why he's went to Glenafton on a permanent (as it seems the manager doesn't see him as Championship level anymore) but would hope the door is open for him to come back to Ayr in some sort of backroom capacity 

Heard he was training as a fireman so I don’t think he really fancies the coaching. If he did I reckon he’d still be here part time.

3 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Just heard the new snack bar is for season ticket holders only to get free pie and bovril as a good gesture  for being so super supporters 

Can’t wait to tap in tonight with my SEASON TICKET and not have to worry about paying. All in the knowledge that my fellow superiors and I are above all the stinking plebs that haven’t got one. In fact I don’t think any plastic pay-at-the-gate fans should be allowed within 1/2 a mile of Somerset.

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

On the fence about this tonight. Can someone give me, and anyone else feeling the same way, a reason to not just stay in the house?

I was until the weather settled to what it is.

Being utterly sworded by Thistle in the rain crosses a line (will be delighted if I am hopelessly wrong here). At least the weather had the courtesy to be nice in the playoffs.

Just now, AUFC19100 said:

Spent all this money on McGeady and he can’t even get fit/game time due to him literally being injured for 99% of the season. Bet he won’t even get 7 games

This is the first game he has missed?

He isn’t even far off seven games already.