The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I have no idea but they were obviously specifically brought in to stand and watch that section and stand in amongst them.

The ginger speccy one that usually patrols the SRE was up amongst them at full time trying to retrieve a match ball by force off a couple of 10/11 year olds. He wasn’t successful.

Ayr needs its supporters more than the supporters need it. When the old Ragazzi had all been shown the door, our attendances declined and the atmosphere went flat and the club tried to go back on itself and entice them back. Provan does more damage to this club than good.

Thought the atmosphere situation was summed up pretty well tonight when it was a period where we were on top in the first half and the Thistle fans were still making a louder atmosphere than us...

If Murdoch and Dempsey were fit i still don't think we'd be in a better state as the midfield was getting constantly overrun last season exposing the defence which is still the same this season, plus now we've got f**k all upfront.

Supporters talking now with their feet too... only scraped over 2,000 at Somerset tonight with that figure including a healthy away support i'd guess of about 500. Last season on Friday night games you were getting about 2,000 in the home end alone before adding on an away support. 

Play off game at home you had 3,000+ in the home end, we've already lost half that base in under 4 months and none of them are coming back anytime soon with the current state of affairs

5 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

If Murdoch and Dempsey were fit i still don't think we'd be in a better state as the midfield was getting constantly overrun last season exposing the defence which is still the same this season, plus now we've got f**k all upfront.

Supporters talking now with their feet too... only scraped over 2,000 at Somerset tonight with that figure including a healthy away support i'd guess of about 500. Last season on Friday night games you were getting about 2,000 in the home end alone before adding on an away support. 

Play off game at home you had 3,000+ in the home end, we've already lost half that base in under 4 months and none of them are coming back anytime soon with the current state of affairs

Tbf we’re on a terrible run, it was horrible weather and the game was live in TV. I’m surprised we got as much as we did

I dunno if I'm going to any more games at the minute... Bullen needs to go, he has no idea.

Amartey consigned to the bench, obviously not running hard enough.

Bryden brought on for Rose? That was the game over.

Defence making the same mistakes over and over again. 

I've had enough. I hope he does the decent thing and steps down. Otherwise this will get messy.

37 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

So raging i tweeted (X'd?) at Mathie, Smith and Jamie Garrett about it

I have sent a lot of tweets to Mathie.  I think what he is doing is cruel on Bullen tbh.  

I have 0 like for Bullen but I now feel sorry for him.  A poor (bald) man not equipped for the job basically being hung out to dry by Mathie because he's too scared to sack him.  

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I have sent a lot of tweets to Mathie.  I think what he is doing is cruel on Bullen tbh.  

I have 0 like for Bullen but I now feel sorry for him.  A poor (bald) man not equipped for the job basically being hung out to dry by Mathie because he's too scared to sack him.  

We're all bald under our hair #Gerry

4 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I'm not sure how much the first half was Ayr playing quite well, and how much was just Logan Chalmers having Thistle's dreadful left back on toast. Anything they created came from him in that area, there wasn't really much else in the way of good play.

I don't know enough about Ayr's squad, but when you have strikers as bad as Ayr why are they playing a system that starts 2 of them?

imagine a system that plays one of them!!!!

Appointing McGeady would be crazy. You can't say the guy is here to learn about the ins and outs behind the scenes one minute then declare him ready to be in charge the next. Would look like a complete panic move.

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Maybe something they could pass on to the youth board, and ask them to discuss how they would feel about attending after being treated like that. 

If any more comes from the "youth board" than came from the Burnley partnership I will be completely astonished.

At least four times in the Q&A Mathie mentioned the possibility of safe pyrotechnics as a fan drawer. To then pay for a goon squad to go organising a baton charge through the SRE is as good an indication of how sincere any of it was as anything else.

Edited by Thumper

7 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Is that possible to divide the support even more than it currently is???

Our own fans singing "Ayr are falling apart again" 

Arguing over who's the shitest player on the pitch

Arguing over who's at fauly, Bullen? Mathie? Glendinning? 

McGeady would be an ever more dividing appointment than McCall IMO

The support is fairly United against Bullen at the moment bar the extreme happy clappers. Don’t want McGeady to get the job but I just think McCall would be too divisive an appointment especially considering some people have never really forgiven him from leaving.

The recruitment this summer has been horrendous. Dipo was a big loss of course but other than him and Mullen I don't think we lost anyone on note.  We're bringing in a load of guys that have barely had any minutes at professional level yet keep hearing sound bites that there is a lot of great talent in our academy. We apparently have a top 5 budget if that is the case then the recruitment budget has been woefully utilised. Mathie is great at off the pitch stuff and a great speaker but needs to take a step back in this area. Really we need a manager that knows this league well and capable assistant that can help them.