The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

They should be given a fair opportunity to investigate the matter before folk lose the plot and start cancelling their AU500 donations.  

When was the last time you ever heard a club make any sort of general apology about heavy-handed stewarding?

Telling people they're not allowed to stop giving the club money is a new one as well.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

That’s a very silly comment.  You may not care what the police want, but the club don’t have that luxury.  And decisions over policing can easily be taken out of the club’s control.  As I say, I don’t believe for one second that the club is allowing or encouraging inappropriate behaviour by stewards including the manhandling of fans.  They should be given a fair opportunity to investigate the matter before folk lose the plot and start cancelling their AU500 donations.  

I posed a perfectly fine alternative if the club would like to listen to the police. 

Yes, we will station them outside as basically every single person in the crowd will be passing through that area. No, we will not affect our supporters enjoyment of the game by harassing them during it. It is very very simple. 

Police should simply not be permitted inside football clubs. They certainly aren't capable of performing any sort of competent crowd control.

Nevertheless, this isn't about police. It's about stewards fucking wrestling people. Private security should not be laying a hand on anyone except in self-defence and that applies just as much to football stewards as nightclub bouncers.

Football is weird and football fans are even weirder.

Why do some of our fans try and attack our own fans when the club errs?

It was the same with the instalment season tickets there were comments like "stop moaning", "you don't even need your season ticket". There is a staggering lack of empathy from some in our support.

Is it a tribal thing? My club can do no wrong? It's utterly bizarre behaviour.

Just now, Trogdor said:

Football is weird and football fans are even weirder.

Why do some of our fans try and attack our own fans when the club errs?

It was the same with the instalment season tickets there were comments like "stop moaning", "you don't even need your season ticket". There is a staggering lack of empathy from some in our support.

Is it a tribal thing? My club can do no wrong? It's utterly bizarre behaviour.

No you must donate money to the club to fund the terrible recruitment!!!!

Just now, Thumper said:

When was the last time you ever heard a club make any sort of general apology about heavy-handed stewarding?

Telling people they're not allowed to stop giving the club money is a new one as well.

People can do what they want with their money, and I never said otherwise.  I said that cancelling your AU500 fund because the club haven’t addressed an alleged problem that happened barely more than 12 hours ago seems like a bit of an over reaction.

if I’m honest, the mood is nasty at the moment and this seems like just one more thing for folk to rage about.  Hopefully the club gives the kid involved a signed shirt or something by way of an apology, the steward involved gets the bullet,  and we can move on.   

Just now, Nelson said:

People can do what they want with their money, and I never said otherwise.  I said that cancelling your AU500 fund because the club haven’t addressed an alleged problem that happened barely more than 12 hours ago seems like a bit of an over reaction.

if I’m honest, the mood is nasty at the moment and this seems like just one more thing for folk to rage about.  Hopefully the club gives the kid involved a signed shirt or something by way of an apology, the steward involved gets the bullet,  and we can move on.   

You clearly can't read because I didn't actually cancel my AU500 fund payment. I expect you knew that though and were just going for hyperbole instead. Do better.

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You clearly can't read because I didn't actually cancel my AU500 fund payment. I expect you knew that though and were just going for hyperbole instead. Do better.

Seriously, calm doon.  You’ll do yourself a mischief.

That was a complete disgrace both on and off the park last night. It’s been said before but Bullen is simply so far out his depth it’s unbelieve, 99% of the support have now turned and the only ones backing him are the happy clappers getting freebies off the club. Looking at our fixtures I seriously can’t see where our next points never mind win comes from. There’s no guarantee that a new head coach comes in and fixes this and I don’t particularly trust this mob to make the right appointment given their history but it simply needs to happen.

On the sniffer dogs that’s an even bigger disgrace than the shite on the park. That is simply not acceptable on any level and the club have to address it. Treating your own fans like criminals is just typical of the whole #weareunited patter. 

if Bullen isn’t emptied and the sniffer dogs issue isnt addressed I’ll be cancelling my AU500 donation. 

Honestly, just imagine for a second you encourage your child and their friends to attend a game for them to get targeted by sniffer dogs and goons paid for by the club while they are trying to watch the game. 

It’s wild that anyone thinks it’s okay and detrimental to everything Mathie pretends he wants to happen. The guy is losing my faith very quickly. 

Bearing in mind that most of these kids are likely 13 plus and charged £15 to attend, which Mathie didn’t even attempt to justify in his Q and A. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Serious question here. What's happening at Ayr? Finished 2nd last season and lots of positives on and off the park (looking in from the outside anyway). 

A quick skim over the last few pages here and Bullen getting a lot of criticism and I see the club had fucking sniffer dogs on the turnstiles?!

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Serious question here. What's happening at Ayr? Finished 2nd last season and lots of positives on and off the park (looking in from the outside anyway). 

A quick skim over the last few pages here and Bullen getting a lot of criticism and I see the club had fucking sniffer dogs on the turnstiles?!

Not just at turnstiles 90 mins walking between fans on the terrace.

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

Nah mate, sniffer dogs in the stand. Said stewards doing this as well...

IMG-20230916-WA0003.thumb.jpg.6a535dcab2fc0683cae904224050174c.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

We have a chairman who means well and is very committed to the club. Our manager is clueless though and 2nd last season was papering over the cracks.

1 minute ago, Mr.Blue said:

Last season Bullen had Akinyemi.  

He does not have him now and the problems that were clear if you watched us regularly are no longer masked by Dipo Akinyemi.  

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Mathie speaking about attracting young people all the time and when they show up we treat them like criminals.

Don’t worry though cause we’ve got big flags at kickoff

I'm out of greenies but this deserves one!

2 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Mathie speaking about attracting young people all the time and when they show up we treat them like criminals.

Don’t worry though cause we’ve got big flags at kickoff

Graeme Mathie is a complete charlatan. The sooner people realise this the better. 

51 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Without a doubt.  You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Was in the town for a haircut a few weeks back and a couple of the boys in there were stewards at Somerset and basically said they were binning it cos the money was shite and they had better things to do with their weekends.