The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ll be amazed if he isn’t questioning our management team of youth coaches. 

I really hope so. Last night for me it was very clear that the biggest issue was not recruitment but the coaching. We have a couple of talented players and some very average players but a decent coach could get a lot more out of the team I think by just sorting out the basics.

8 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I really hope so. Last night for me it was very clear that the biggest issue was not recruitment but the coaching. We have a couple of talented players and some very average players but a decent coach could get a lot more out of the team I think by just sorting out the basics.

I think it’s both, but he didn’t have to play Rose etc.

It’s more recruitment for me but I have little faith that we’d be much better off under Bullen if we still had the likes of Murdoch or Dempsey fit. 

I just think he’s ran his race with us and we need a bit of freshness. If he leaves soon then his reputation with a lot of supporters should remain okay based on last season. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I just think he’s ran his race with us and we need a bit of freshness. If he leaves soon then his reputation with a lot of supporters should remain okay based on last season. 

Moreover, he needs his reputation intact if he's going to get another job at a similar level. Clinging on while the club shows that it was being totally carried by one signing rapidly increases the probability that his next role will be head coach of Camelon Juniors or one of the random Far East teams he played for.

6 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t really buy this either, you support your fan base, not victimise them. 

They could have released a statement saying there would be sniffer dogs at the entrance, but it should never even have been under consideration that they would be in the ground. A horrifying lack of judgement, and to be it is becoming clearer with every passing day why Mathie was emptied by Hibs. A bullshitter, clear and simple.

You're stretching here. It's an outrageous (at best) thing to have happened last night and there should be repercussions undoubtedly, but we don't know if GM had anything to do with it. I have no idea the autonomy the stadium manager has for example, so you? Or if the police have put pressure on him to allow it (whether inside the ground or out is another thing as well). 

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

You're stretching here. It's an outrageous (at best) thing to have happened last night and there should be repercussions undoubtedly, but we don't know if GM had anything to do with it. I have no idea the autonomy the stadium manager has for example, so you? Or if the police have put pressure on him to allow it (whether inside the ground or out is another thing as well). 

Would it not fall to Roy or Nick Provan?

I’m sorry, Mathie is the man in charge - he doesn’t just get absolved of blame and his workers blamed for everything. The autonomy of the stadium manager is irrelevant, Mathie is his manager and needs to get a hold of him if he is going off doing things like this by himself. Frankly, he has no place at the club if this came from him as it’s not the first time with him. 

As for the Police aspect, there is absolutely nothing that has happened that can have lead to the Police dictating the club hire a third party to do what they did last night. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sorry, Mathie is the man in charge - he doesn’t just get absolved of blame and his workers blamed for everything. The autonomy of the stadium manager is irrelevant, Mathie is his manager and needs to get a hold of him if he is going off doing things like this by himself. Frankly, he has no place at the club if this came from him as it’s not the first time with him. 

As for the Police aspect, there is absolutely nothing that has happened that can have lead to the Police dictating the club hire a third party to do what they did last night. 

I'm not absolving Mathie of anything, but you (we) simply do not know if the stadium manager has full autonomy on these things. You can hypothesise about hierarchy and responsibilities all you want, unless you know precisely who has sign-off on what then you're yelling into the abyss until it emerges exactly what has happened. 

I didn't know about the 3rd party thing but again I have no idea if the police would advise on that or not, given the propensity for pyro in our recent past. 

Edited by Jeff Venom

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye, pointing at the police seems like a strawman to me. 

Also wrt. Graeme Mathie, I'd be astounded if he didn't know there was going to be stewards and a sniffer dog patrolling the SRE. Frankly, If he didn't know then whoever took that decision should be getting their jotters. It's a significant change in a policy impacting the club's customers. No way should that decision be made in isolation.

Its also the first time I've ever encountered it. Which makes me even more sceptical that it has anything to do with the police.

Edited by Trogdor

I'm not absolving Mathie of anything, but you (we) simply do not know if the stadium manager has full autonomy on these things. You can hypothesise about hierarchy and responsibilities all you want, unless you know precisely who has sign-off on what then you're telling into the abyss until it emerges exactly what has happened. 

I didn't know about the 3rd party thing but again I have no idea if the police would advise on that or not, given the propensity for pyro in our recent past. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, pointing at the police seems like a strawman to me. 

Also wrt. Graeme Mathie, I'd be astounded if he didn't know there was going to be stewards and a sniffer dog patrolling the SRE. Frankly, If he didn't know then whoever took that decision should be getting their jotters.

A failure of leadership either way IMO but even if he didn’t know, I’m pretty confident he could have rectified the situation once it started.