The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If the dog thing is a new standard in Scottish football, there would have been a communication out about it.

As it is, the club should have communicated the fact there were sniffer dogs there and the reason for them. 

The longer it goes on, you just know they are sitting round a table thinking of any excuse to justify it.

39 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The longer it goes on, you just know they are sitting round a table thinking of any excuse to justify it.

The worst case here is that they don’t see an issue, which would exude a cluelessness as well as an arrogance and contempt for the support. 

It is still early so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, I’m hopeful there will still be something out today. I’ll fire them an email about it if not - I hoped that wouldn’t be needed.  I don’t particularly want to support a football club that does those sort of things, it’s very Tory. 

Aye, the sniffer dog is a ridiculous escalation. It was also clearly targeted at our younger fans (again!). Why the club repeatedly shoots itself in the foot with these supporters, I'll never know.

They aren't criminals, they are trying to generate a much needed atmosphere at Somerset. Which is particularly challenging with the current dross being served up.

It's an utterly clueless decision and whatever strawman the club is currently constructing needs treated with the contempt it is due.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

The worst case here is that they don’t see an issue, which would exude a cluelessness as well as an arrogance and contempt for the support. 

It is still early so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, I’m hopeful there will still be something out today. I’ll fire them an email about it if not - I hoped that wouldn’t be needed.  I don’t particularly want to support a football club that does those sort of things, it’s very Tory. 

Yeah agree with that.  Had a fan barged a steward to the ground, you know it wouldn't take this long for something to be said/done about it.  I do understand they have spoken to the boys parent already, but they also need to be seen doing something publicly.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah agree with that.  Had a fan barged a steward to the ground, you know it wouldn't take this long for something to be said/done about it.  I do understand they have spoken to the boys parent already, but they also need to be seen doing something publicly.

Yeah, it should be acknowledged publicly when there are so many others in the area too. The larger issue is still the fact they were inside the ground in the first place for me though. 

Apologise, say we won’t be using that company again and we won’t deploy anyone within the stadium to do that during a match - ten second statement is all it takes.  

If they can justify it, explain why it is necessary, maybe required for TV games or part of South Ayrshires safety licence etc.

If it is something the security company did off their own back, ask them not to do it again. 

Or say nothing and people will just think the club are being dicks 

Thank you for your email.  We will shortly release a statement detailing the issues that occurred on Friday.  It is not in mine, or anyone else’s benefit to seek to alienate our supporters and ultimately the events on the night did exactly that at a time where we need support from our fanbase more than ever.

Ultimately we employ 3rd party companies at every game as we haven’t been able to recruit enough stewards directly who are available on a weekly basis.  I hope our statement highlights the issues in our process and gives comfort it won’t happen again.

Above is an email reply I received from Mathie after sending the club an email questioning the stewards/sniffer dogs

Just now, ButAtWhatCost1 said:

Thank you for your email.  We will shortly release a statement detailing the issues that occurred on Friday.  It is not in mine, or anyone else’s benefit to seek to alienate our supporters and ultimately the events on the night did exactly that at a time where we need support from our fanbase more than ever.

Ultimately we employ 3rd party companies at every game as we haven’t been able to recruit enough stewards directly who are available on a weekly basis.  I hope our statement highlights the issues in our process and gives comfort it won’t happen again.

Above is an email reply I received from Mathie after sending the club an email questioning the stewards/sniffer dogs

Fair enough, I look forward to the statement. Thanks for sharing!

1 minute ago, ButAtWhatCost1 said:

Are they really gonna go down the 'vigilante dog handler turns up uninvited route' :lol:

There is obviously an extra cost associated with non standard security which would require to be given the ok first.  

4 minutes ago, ButAtWhatCost1 said:

Fair does to Mathie. Sounds like the third party done it off their own back without the club knowing (I can’t see anyone at the club saying “aye” to sniffers dogs on the terracing). 

A wee statement to say sorry we’ve made a complete arse of this, won’t happen again, and hopefully they do something for the supporter knocked over, guest of honour or something and signed shirt, or he is allowed a 10 foot run up to volley Provan in the balls at half time of the Raith game. #WeAreUntied.

Edited by Andy_AUFC

I also received the following from Mathie. Fair play Graeme. 👏

I have spoken directly to the young person involved and his family and we have also received an apology from the stewarding company as there was never any plan or agreement for dogs to be in the terracing area.  That, and poor communication from our side prior to the game contributed to the issue and that will be detailed in our statement.

Kind Regards,

Graeme

5 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

hopefully they do something for the supporter knocked over, guest of honour or something and signed shirt, or he is allowed a 10 foot run up to volley Provan in the balls at half time of the Raith game. #WeAreUntied.

I say we send him round with a XL Bully and see how he gets on.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230918-162218.thumb.png.a65d3f60ec2bcbc87109f65000babfff.png