The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Ahui loves his first involvement in a game being the ball rolling under his boot and out the park 😂 Very much an athlete, but not a footballer. Generally loses all his one v ones, but can recover well with his pace. Can get up the park well, but then crosses it out the park. 

I think Senga is possibly more the Young type player in our current midfield partnership. I would be interested to see him starting a game in there now he is up to speed. 

I’d be surprised if Ahui is still here post January tbh. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be surprised if Ahui is still here post January tbh. 

I don't understand how we've got that one so wrong. To have McAllister as our first choice right back is quite the hindrance. The 'he played well in the league cup' defence is balls.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I don't understand how we've got that one so wrong. To have McAllister as our first choice right back is quite the hindrance. The 'he played well in the league cup' defence is balls.

Yeah I’m not sure what made us pursue Ahui. It’s not as if he was a last minute panic signing. The club clearly wanted him although we’d probably already been knocked back by a couple of targets. 

McAllister played well on Friday night but he’s a bomb-scare most of the time. 

35 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Apparently celtic had a player that they bought in summer for 1.2 million. That's mental   don't know what player it was .

That would be Tillio, but Kwon was supposed to be a signing for the first team as well and Kobayashi played in a few first team games last season.

Source: wife is a Celtic season ticket holder

Edited by Iain

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The Best I've seen McAllister play is the few games he had as a CB. I assume his natural position is RB, but at Ayr he seems like a player they are still trying to figure out where he's best at. 

Aye, its certainly not central midfielder.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I mean, it's not that hard to understand how they could get it so wrong, not like we don't have previous for that kind of thing. And I expect that saying he played well in the cup is an indication of how they truly could not get any of their summer targets

A decent workout today, Mutch had 2-3 good saves, we didn't create much at all. Holding looked a capable centre back, if a little short, him and Stanger never put a foot wrong. Ahui was ok, likes a challenge, likes his man to take him on and then slide in. 

The middle of the park was pretty much an even battle and we barely threatened the Celtic goal all game. 

Poor turnout but a decent afternoon. 

Holding has impressed me the last two times I’ve seen him (first reserve game and here) not the tallest but wins his headers and seems to be able to play anywhere across the back 4 if I’m right only worry right now is he’s not been able to nail down a starting spot in glenafton team being in and out but hopefully he develops well there could be a decent backup option in a season or two

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A decent workout today, Mutch had 2-3 good saves, we didn't create much at all. Holding looked a capable centre back, if a little short, him and Stanger never put a foot wrong. Ahui was ok, likes a challenge, likes his man to take him on and then slide in. 

The middle of the park was pretty much an even battle and we barely threatened the Celtic goal all game. 

Poor turnout but a decent afternoon. 

We had about five very decent chances in the second half - Dowds was through on goal to some extent three times. We didn’t really do anything in the first half though, Paul Smith did miss a sitter. I was expecting a pumping tbh with the team Celtic had out.