The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

47 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mathie asked anyone with complaints about the website to contact him as someone had made loads of changes to it and it works fine. 

The shop is dugshite
The pictures are compressed badly
I need to open a link on twitter to access the site as it doesn't open any other way. 

Given I asked a question for the Q&A about the website maybe I should have listed my issues but felt it would have been pointless given Mathie's answer was essentially everything is wonderful with it.

Only hope is that Ashleigh got a new website in June and that someone at the club can wrestle the web design away from the in-house media team's hands. Although given the shop part is tied into the dud that is Total Tickets I don't imagine it will be anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Given I asked a question for the Q&A about the website maybe I should have listed my issues but felt it would have been pointless given Mathie's answer was essentially everything is wonderful with it.

Only hope is that Ashleigh got a new website in June and that someone at the club can wrestle the web design away from the in-house media team's hands. Although given the shop part is tied into the dud that is Total Tickets I don't imagine it will be anytime soon.

I thought we were moving away from Total Tickets or have I dreamt that? 

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought we were moving away from Total Tickets or have I dreamt that? 

End of this season it's going to tender. Imagine we'll move away from them if our criteria includes having scanners that work and an online shop that doesn't involve putting the size in a comments box.

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

End of this season it's going to tender. Imagine we'll move away from them if our criteria includes having scanners that work and an online shop that doesn't involve putting the size in a comments box.

No way? Is that what we have to do?

The 90s called and want their online shop back. That's tinpot.

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Please fucking no. There’s loads of car parks nearby. Not all are free but that’s a different argument.

Covering the station with tarmac for another car park is about the grimmest thing I can imagine them doing with it.

Agree it would be grim but there’s a massive lack of parking space since the Kyle car parks shut.

1. There was never any danger of a grand old resort town hotel reopening in that format. The hotel industry is having a hard enough time in New York City, never mind postindustrial ghost towns whose visitors come from a whole two hours' travel away.

2. Anyone asking for another fucking car park can be assumed to be a Tory on South Ayrshire Council.

3. The website won't be fixed by this time next year and this meme will come up again. This is despite the club employing over a hundred staff now.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Club have revealed plans for another capital project, The players gym and hospital radio building will be demolished and a new two story building will be built in its place. 

Guessing they’ll get a few grants for it considering it’s a “community centre/gym”. It’s a good next step for us off the pitch and he must be quite happy with how the stand is progressing for us to announce another project. 

The article mentions a replacement gym going in there, I wonder if that will be open to the public as well as another form of revenue stream or if it will be roughly the same size as the current gym and reserved solely for club usage.