The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s an angry wee guy as well. Was giving Dabrowski absolute pelters for constantly kicking the ball out the park. In fairness I’ve not seen a goalie so shite at dealing with pass backs since watching a 40 year old Rab Douglas play for Forfar. 

Aye he's always like that. Puts davo to shame with how much he berates dabrowski at times. Dabrowski is an excellent shot stopper but doesn't put much confidence in anyone when dealing with every thing else, iv not figured out if that's just his style and he's just that composed (without looking it) or if he's just inexperienced. I thought your 'keeper looked alot worse today though to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Aye he's always like that. Puts davo to shame with how much he berates dabrowski at times. Dabrowski is an excellent shot stopper but doesn't put much confidence in anyone when dealing with every thing else, iv not figured out if that's just his style and he's just that composed (without looking it) or if he's just inexperienced. I thought your 'keeper looked alot worse today though to be honest. 

Albinson has dropped off from last season imo. He’s usually very assured on the ball but he was a bit iffy today. I’m wondering if it’s correlated with the departure of our usual goalkeeping coach or not. 

Much better second half from Ayr, but that chronic spell in the first half where Raith scored twice in about 3 minutes was the killer. Our defensive play is utterly chronic at times. Albinson didn't have a real chance with either. (personally thought the 1st was a great finish.)

As for the referee, it's genuinely impressive that there is a referee out there worse and more bafflingly inept than Colin Steven.

Edited by Oceanlineayr
Spelling

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Albinson has dropped off from last season imo. He’s usually very assured on the ball but he was a bit iffy today. I’m wondering if it’s correlated with the departure of our usual goalkeeping coach or not. 

Surely it correlates more with him actually being asked to pass the ball occasionally this year?

40 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Cheating,diving,try to get players booked

Laughing at this comment. Your number 2 went down holding his face trying to get a Raith player sent off when there was a slight push on him.

48 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Aye the first half was horrendous and showed so much of the issues that we've been seeing for so long. The perfect example of how lost we look a lot of the time and how soft we are as a unit.

Second half was better, mostly because we utilised Dowds well and tried to get the ball out to Murphy or Chalmers more often.

But aye, f**k all has changed really. Our approach is way off and we are so easy to break through. When defending, the shape of the our midfield and defence never seems right.

It was the same as the Partick game. Terrible positioning and lack of discipline when out of possession, particularly in midfield. Not helped by the obvious weakness in the RB position. I would bite your hand off for 8th right now.

Edited by rgreig

3 minutes ago, rgreig said:

It was the same as the Partick game. Terrible positioning and lack of discipline when out of possession, particularly in midfield. Not helped by the obvious weakness in the RB position. I would bite your hand off for 8th right now.

Think that is a bit harsh. The goals raith scored were poorly defended yes but the difference Is we 100% looked better than raith in the second half. We created more chances today than the partick game and we didn’t put our heads down and completely implode. This team won’t be challenging for promotion but the performance in the second half shows we can give teams that are well above us a go 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

They also only had one gate open to get out from the Somerset road end 

I was going to post something similar. It was the same at the last home game. The big gate is closed over. 

I blame Provan. Its always Provan...

Just now, Trogdor said:

I was going to post something similar. It was the same at the last home game. The big gate is closed over. 

Away fans coming out and meeting home fans directly at that corner after 90 mins is one drunken disaster awaiting to happen as well. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Easier to keep rogue dog handlers out if there is only a single access point.

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Away fans coming out and meeting home fans directly at that corner after 90 mins is one drunken disaster awaiting to happen as well. 

Ehhhh... there are two gates at the SRE. The one closer to away fans was open so if that's the reasoning it seems counter intuitive. 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Easier to keep rogue dog handlers out if there is only a single access point.

🙈

Our defence is hopeless and hapless in equal measure. Fucking brutal and made of absolute jelly. Its not like we were under masses of pressure today. In the first half, Raith were stronger and faster. They moved the ball about well. The first one, Easton has too much space and hits a very nice shot into the corner. The second followed within 3 mins and the defending was like keystone cops. Everyone of the backline was culpable.

At the other end we did create chances and on another day we might have got something out of the game.

That being said, given where we are it's not good enough. In 2023 we've won 4 home league games.

19 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

Think that is a bit harsh. The goals raith scored were poorly defended yes but the difference Is we 100% looked better than raith in the second half. We created more chances today than the partick game and we didn’t put our heads down and completely implode. This team won’t be challenging for promotion but the performance in the second half shows we can give teams that are well above us a go 

I’m not sure we did create more chances than the Partick game…

Rsith shouldn’t be “well above us” so it isn’t something to be positive about either!

12 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Aye, got a nice chorus of Ayr is a shithole from some wallopers walking back to my car. When I pointed out the irony of someone from Fife even thinking such a thing I had some gap toothed danger asking me to come and repeat that whilst walking away.

Least they had a day oot

1 minute ago, Peil said:

Aye, got a nice chorus of Ayr is a shithole from some wallopers walking back to my car. When I pointed out the irony of someone from Fife even thinking such a thing I had some gap toothed danger asking me to come and repeat that whilst walking away.

Least they had a day oot

The majority of Fifers are absolute mutants.

40 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Surely it correlates more with him actually being asked to pass the ball occasionally this year?

I’m not sure as it’s something he was coping with at the start of the season. I thought he was poor for a couple of the goals against Thistle and he looked a bit iffy again today. Got very lucky at a corner in the second half when he came charging off his line and got nowhere near the ball. 

It feels silly criticising him as he’s far from our biggest issue and is still good enough for this level but I think it’s maybe fair to wonder if his form has anything to do with Timmins leaving. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure we did create more chances than the Partick game…

Rsith shouldn’t be “well above us” so it isn’t something to be positive about either!

We definitely had more chances than the partick game. Regardless of that we actually made a game of it which is the more important thing. We went 2 down and gave up against partick

Well raith are 2nd so they are technically well above us right now like it or not.