The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It was inevitable that teams would 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Well at least you can still console yourself by, err, mewling about chinos after coughing up another three points. 

FPSo5m9XMAgRYFE.jpg.0e233b06bca3e910ff073eb5bcf5c1fa.jpg

I console myself knowing you and your tribute acts will bite at every opportunity. Even after a win, Sean McGinty still haunts your dreams.

It really is a case of one step forward and one step back at the moment. At least we've stopped the slide. We need to sort the home form pronto, it's grim reading in 2023. I thought it was busier today as well and again we shat the bed.

I genuinely don't think we deserved a draw. It was obvious to everyone in the stadium that we were going to concede in the last 20 mins and we'd already gifted a couple of free headers. 

Rose being incapable to make a short pass to Dowds who would have been clean through really summed up the day for me. Uninspiring and grim.

It was inevitable that teams would work us out and by and large, Morton didn’t have too many clean cut chances despite dominating the first half. 
They pretty much defended the whole second half and shut us out of having any clear cut chances. we are always good for a gift of a goal.

When we aren’t getting much change out of what is on the park, there really isn’t anything on the bench that can change things. Amartey has barely kicked his own arse since the league cup campaign, Bryden plays 5 min here and there and Rose is a non-event. 

22 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Don't think I've ever wanted a team to get relegated as much as Morton. What a horrible team of hatchet men, they play in their managers image that's for sure. A wee Ned. And as for Robbie Crawford 🤬🤬🤬 that wee fanny is needing snapped.

Bullen oot.

IMG-20210309-WA0018.jpg.1446aed8727ce6a31be77f816fc2cb73.jpg

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

Absolute stonewall penalty missed.  Defender literally punched the ball!

Yeah, Waters avoiding a booking for two of the clearest bookings you’ll ever see and Crawford too particularly interesting decisions. Especially as Ahui and Mczkenzie were booked for very little in between!

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, Waters avoiding a booking for two of the clearest bookings you’ll ever see and Crawford too particularly interesting decisions. Especially as Ahui and Mczkenzie were booked for very little in between!

McKenzie had the ball and the Morton player kicked McKenzies heel, somehow McKenzie got booked

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McKenzie had the ball and the Morton player kicked McKenzies heel, somehow McKenzie got booked

I knew it was soft, but was on the other side of the park. Some of the tackles in the last twenty or so that didn’t lead to bookings was pretty ridiculous - Power right at the end too. 

38 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It really is a case of one step forward and one step back at the moment. At least we've stopped the slide. We need to sort the home form pronto, it's grim reading in 2023. I thought it was busier today as well and again we shat the bed.

I genuinely don't think we deserved a draw. It was obvious to everyone in the stadium that we were going to concede in the last 20 mins and we'd already gifted a couple of free headers. 

Rose being incapable to make a short pass to Dowds who would have been clean through really summed up the day for me. Uninspiring and grim.

I don’t see how we didn’t deserve a draw tbh. We weren’t good, but at absolute best Morton edged it on the balance of play. 

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It was inevitable that teams would work us out and by and large, Morton didn’t have too many clean cut chances despite dominating the first half. 
They pretty much defended the whole second half and shut us out of having any clear cut chances. we are always good for a gift of a goal.

When we aren’t getting much change out of what is on the park, there really isn’t anything on the bench that can change things. Amartey has barely kicked his own arse since the league cup campaign, Bryden plays 5 min here and there and Rose is a non-event. 

Think that’s pretty harsh on Amartey - he has only started three league games, scoring in one of them and unlike others hasn’t been given any form of benefit of the doubt in terms of getting used to this level.  Barely been seen since Dundee Utd and certainly wasn’t the worst that day.  There isn’t any doubt in my mind that he is better than both Rose and Bryden. Yet,  both generally appear in front of him. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I meant he has barely played since the league cup.

Him and Bryden have been scoring pretty regularly in reserve games but aren’t getting a sniff of the first team. 

Ahh fair enough, read it differently!

Rose seems to be able to look okay at times, but in general is pretty terrible so the persistence in him being automatic third in line is infuriating. I imagine he starts Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t see how we didn’t deserve a draw tbh. We weren’t good, but at absolute best Morton edged it on the balance of play. 

Puting the officiating to one side.

The majority of our shots were powder puff efforts verging on passbacks. With the exception of Murphy's brilliant shot and Chalmers shot that went wide afterwards we bearly had any chances.

Whilst Morton spent a good time camped in our six yard box. Had two free headers and a couple cleared off the line (at least it looked that way from the SRE) and eventually scored. From about 65 mins I said to my mates that we would lose the game 1 nil with Morton scoring a scrappy goal and so it proved. Meanwhile we stuck with the same tactics, had we drawn it I think it would have been harsh on Morton tbh.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Puting the officiating to one side.

The majority of our shots were powder puff efforts verging on passbacks. With the exception of Murphy's brilliant shot and Chalmers shot that went wide afterwards we bearly had any chances.

Whilst Morton spent a good time camped in our six yard box. Had two free headers and a couple cleared off the line (at least it looked that way from the SRE) and eventually scored. From about 65 mins I said to my mates that we would lose the game 1 nil with Morton scoring a scrappy goal and so it proved. Meanwhile we stuck with the same tactics, had we drawn it I think it would have been harsh on Morton tbh.

We had three or four that were relatively routinely saved from distance - other than a Dowds half chance from a set piece routine in the first half we didn’t really create much. 

I just think Morton were relatively similar in terms of their chances, I don’t think they had any off the line - just goalmouth scrambles. 

It doesn’t really matter anyway, it’s probably fair enough to argue either way!

ETA, I’m not convinced Chalmers wasn’t away from both defenders when brought down, but would need to see it again. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, Scott-ish said:

Don't think I've ever wanted a team to get relegated as much as Morton. What a horrible team of hatchet men, they play in their managers image that's for sure. A wee Ned. And as for Robbie Crawford 🤬🤬🤬 that wee fanny is needing snapped.

Bullen oot.

Dry yer eyes ya fud. Outplayed out fought simple. 

I'd have robbie Crawford I'm my team every day of the week over any c**t in an ayr strip today. 

Fanny needing snapped ffs get a fkn grip 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We had three or four that were relatively routinely saved from distance - other than a Dowds half chance from a set piece routine in the first half we didn’t really create much. 

I just think Morton were relatively similar in terms of their chances, I don’t think they had any off the line - just goalmouth scrambles. 

It doesn’t really matter anyway, it’s probably fair enough to argue either way!

We also bearly controlled that game. First half was grim. Second half was better. I know that sounds bizarre as we drew the first half and lost the second half.

Ultimately, Morton did a job on us today. The game descended into a scrap and a long ball fest which suited them more than us.

Edited by Trogdor

I'd like to know what the scouting team were looking at when they decided that Rose was good enough. I understand the moaning at McKenzie, though have a soft spot due to him being homegrown through the academy.

Rose though? I know Akinyemi was going to be near impossible to replace but Rose looks awful nearly every game I've seen him play 🫤

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We also bearly controlled that game. First half was grim. Second half was better. I know that sounds bizarre as we drew the first half and lost the second half.

Ultimately, Morton did a job on us today. The game descended into a scrap and a long ball fest which suited them more than us.

I agree, although we were well on top for the last ten minutes of the first half. 

Strangely, Morton were then well on top towards the end of the second half today. It really was perfectly set up to bring on Amartey as the game became so end to end. 

IMO, they just completely crowded the middle of the park, which made it very difficult - Murphy spent most of the game drifting in and we know Chalmers prefers to do that too. Reading was fine today, but unfortunately neither of our full backs are going to provide the width we needed on days like today. Ahui is technically woeful in forward positions too. 

17 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Dry yer eyes ya fud. Outplayed out fought simple. 

I'd have robbie Crawford I'm my team every day of the week over any c**t in an ayr strip today. 

Fanny needing snapped ffs get a fkn grip 

You're rank rotten. As are we to be fair.

Crawford moans, dives and cheats his way through games and is indeed a wee fanny. Got to agree he'd walk into our team just now as well right enough. But that's probably because we're gash.

We've all had this conversation on here many times, but I've always felt Robbie Crawford leaving Ayr was an enormous loss for us.

Could never understand the insane amount of criticism that seemed to be directed at him in a lot of games at Somerset. He is exactly the type of player that many Ayr sides of the last few years could have really benefitted from.

12 minutes ago, AuAl said:

We've all had this conversation on here many times, but I've always felt Robbie Crawford leaving Ayr was an enormous loss for us.

Could never understand the insane amount of criticism that seemed to be directed at him in a lot of games at Somerset. He is exactly the type of player that many Ayr sides of the last few years could have really benefitted from.

His aim today was to get Ahui sent off by any means necessary and I'm amazed he didn't manage it.

I actually liked him when he played for Ayr and maybe a few horrible players like him is what we need. We can't keep complaining about hammer throwers like Morton beating us when we know exactly what they're going to do. We need to stop being so naïve and wake up to whats needed in this league.