The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Would like to see the keeper get the initial shot away to a less dangerous area if he can't hold it at the first goal. Defending at the second goal is a horror show. Besides that it looked like we handled them much better than the most recent games between the sides. 

4 hours ago, Iain said:

Would like to see the keeper get the initial shot away to a less dangerous area if he can't hold it at the first goal. Defending at the second goal is a horror show. Besides that it looked like we handled them much better than the most recent games between the sides. 

First goal the ball comes through a ruck of players and the keeper  sees it late giving him very little time to react...in my opinion he did well to keep out the initial shot and cannot be blamed.

1 hour ago, conley said:

First goal the ball comes through a ruck of players and the keeper  sees it late giving him very little time to react...in my opinion he did well to keep out the initial shot and cannot be blamed.

Always two ways to look at things 😀

Didn't realise Albinson saved Alston's shot onto the post at the time.

I think we've got very lucky to get the penalty. Offside is tight.

Was happy with the point overall. Just need to replicate the performances we've been seeing away at home on Saturday. Please Ayr, gees a home win.

19 hours ago, Rb123 said:

I'm hoping we've got enough for mid table mediocre this season and the club are just running down Bullen's deal to next summer to avoid having to pay him off early and then we'll get someone new next summer. 

IMO Bullen ain't the one that's ever going to take us to the next level, in saying that however unless there was an alternative outstanding candidate out there that we could go and get it maybe wouldn't be worth changing, will be a big decision by Smith and Mathie regardless...

That's a good point and raises the question of what the club plan to do next summer when LB's contract runs out. With any staff who are performing well there is a desire to get their contract extended but there's been no rumblings about this from the club. Is LB's future dependant on a lowly goal like whether we stay in the championship? Or reach the promotion playoffs? If Smith and Mathie don't see him as a long term option you'd hope they have a hypothetical shortlist already drawn up.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was more of an off-the-pitch signing. We've been lacking a treatment table warmer since Martyn Campbell departed. 

Frankie looks like going the same way. He’ll be away come the end of the season I reckon and hope. 

Edited by ecocme

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Genuinely wouldn't bother re-signing Musonda next season.  He's been a complete waste of a wage.  He'll hardly kick a ball between now and January till he's off to the AFCON and he will come back and pick up another injury.

I don’t disagree that you need defenders less injury prone in terms of offering him a new deal, but he played thirty games last season -  so it is unbelievably harsh to say he has been a complete waste of a wage. 

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Genuinely wouldn't bother re-signing Musonda next season.  He's been a complete waste of a wage.  He'll hardly kick a ball between now and January till he's off to the AFCON and he will come back and pick up another injury.

I think a lot of players will leave in the summer . We will be at the crossroad point by then . Question will be tredd water of push on . 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t disagree that you need defenders less injury prone in terms of offering him a new deal, but he played thirty games last season -  so it is unbelievably harsh to say he has been a complete waste of a wage. 

Not featured in 10 of 17 games so far this season, completing 90 minutes on only 5 matches.  Probably doesn't play much between now and January then gone for however long at the AFCON. Last season, although he played 30 matches, was only 23/36 league games, 4/4 LC, 2/2 Play off matches and 1/4 Scottish Cup matches.  That's a 3rd of the season.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Not featured in 10 of 17 games so far this season, completing 90 minutes on only 5 matches.  Probably doesn't play much between now and January then gone for however long at the AFCON. Last season, although he played 30 matches, was only 23/36 league games, 4/4 LC, 2/2 Play off matches and 1/4 Scottish Cup matches.  That's a 3rd of the season.

Yeah, so there’s definitely an argument to say he shouldn’t be offered a new deal. There isn’t one to say he has been a complete waste of a wage - especially given he was one of our better players. Thirty games isn’t a return worthy of saying he might as well not have been there. 

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Losing Musonda would deplete our sizeable overseas fanbase.

This cannot be allowed to happen.

Did that wee grifter ever come over with the money folk "raised" for him or has somecunt just pocketed the lot? :lol:

8 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Did that wee grifter ever come over with the money folk "raised" for him or has somecunt just pocketed the lot? :lol:

A swap deal with Somerset Boab going the other way was on the cards, but Zambia looked him up on YouTube and thought "f**k that".

£2.400 raised of a £3000 target, but the last donation was 4 months ago. Seems like Charles has been forgotten about, sorry Charles.

You don't have to raise the target amount to withdraw the money I think so will be interesting to see what happens to it.