The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Yeah and discounting cup ties, I think it is 9 home wins since January 2022. 

9 home league wins in 22 months under Bullen.

If we go as far back as including Duffy and half of Hopkins time - It's only 13 home league wins since August 2021. 

13 wins from 42 home league games. 

excited ralph wiggum GIF

14 minutes ago, AuAl said:

If we go as far back as including Duffy and half of Hopkins time - It's only 13 home league wins since August 2021. 

The home form/atmosphere has been shit at Somerset mostly ever since McCall left...

Edited by Rb123

10 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

The home form has been shit ever since McCall left...

True.

I think since McCall left, it would be 19 wins from 66 home league games. I think.

My word.

Edited by AuAl

13 minutes ago, AuAl said:

That is hilariously abysmal. So 13 league home wins since August 2021 would have me guessing the 4 in 2023 (ICT, Accies, Cove and Raith) and then wins against QoS, Partick x2, Dunfermline,  Dundee, Queens Park, Arbroath, Raith and who else? 

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That is hilariously abysmal. So 13 league home wins since August 2021 would have me guessing the 4 in 2023 (ICT, Accies, Cove and Raith) and then wins against QoS, Partick x2, Dunfermline,  Dundee, Queens Park, Arbroath, Raith and who else? 

Yeah, in no particular order, wins against - Dunfermline, QOS, Raith x3, Arbroath, Partick x2, Dundee, QP, Accies, Cove, Inverness.

Third win against Raith in there. We beat them;

1-0 April 2023

2-0 December 2022

2-0 December 2021

Edited by AuAl

Before Bullen's time here is over he will have a rammy with someone in the hub which will lead to a club statement. 

I think he fancies himself as someone kind of mini Fergie, a statesman like man of stature. 

Edited by UpInTheAyr

As much as I love a good Bullen pile on, the players should be getting absolutely hounded for the circumstances of the equaliser.

Reading’s leg was landed on in the passage of play immediately before the goal and he struggled to move after it but obviously had to see the game out. It was clear QP were then going to target that side on their next attack since we had an injured full back. Yet we left him out there on his own to defend 1 on 1 which the guy can’t even do while fit.  Young should’ve also took the yellow it’s a no brainer.

Simple football knowledge is something this squad completely lacks. 

8 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

As much as I love a good Bullen pile on, the players should be getting absolutely hounded for the circumstances of the equaliser.

Reading’s leg was landed on in the passage of play immediately before the goal and he struggled to move after it but obviously had to see the game out. It was clear QP were then going to target that side on their next attack since we had an injured full back. Yet we left him out there on his own to defend 1 on 1 which the guy can’t even do while fit.  Young should’ve also took the yellow it’s a no brainer.

Simple football knowledge is something this squad completely lacks. 

It was woeful all round, but IMO highlighting smaller things like that completely takes away from the catastrophic f**k up Bullen made of the second half. 

Reading not having any decent protection was entirely on Bullen too. 

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It was woeful all round, but IMO highlighting smaller things like that completely takes away from the catastrophic f**k up Bullen made of the second half. 

Reading not having any decent protection was entirely on Bullen too. 

A 2-2 draw with a team with Queens Park’s resources is hardly a catastrophe . You need to remember we are in the Championship not L1 . We are 5th or 6th best resourced club in the league . It’s plain to see you and your wee gang on here want the manager to go . That might happen in the medium or longer term , not in the middle of the fight . Try to see the bigger picture the odd time , because there is one .

12 minutes ago, railwayend said:

A 2-2 draw with a team with Queens Park’s resources is hardly a catastrophe . You need to remember we are in the Championship not L1 . We are 5th or 6th best resourced club in the league . It’s plain to see you and your wee gang on here want the manager to go . That might happen in the medium or longer term , not in the middle of the fight . Try to see the bigger picture the odd time , because there is one .

😂😂

I don’t even want him to go right now. 

You need to remember that we were 2-0 up until our manager made some of the worst in game changes you will ever see. 

What exactly to you want? Everyone to just pretend that he didn’t make an absolute mess of things. And regardless, the bigger picture would then quite clearly show that he won’t ever be able to take us where we want to go as he continually does things like this - just the weekend was the worst one yet. 

25 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Tbf, I'd argue that 9 home wins in the league over 22 months under Bullen is big picture enough to suggest he is a bit out of his depth.

I really want it to come good and tbh the away performances in recent weeks give me some hope - but there is no getting away from how atrocious our home performances and game management can be. It really needs to be rectified soon.

Fwiw, I wouldn't want him sacked just now.

Edited by AuAl

42 minutes ago, railwayend said:

old.jpg.1712053fd7f88ff388bbad4a02b8b9e5.jpg

2 hours ago, railwayend said:

Club Apologist Bingo:

Dig at own fans - Check ("you and your wee gang")

Hint at being ITK - Check ("we are 5th or 6th best resourced")

Allusions to the mythical Plan - Check ("try to see the bigger picture... because there is one")

Not bad in a single paragraph. Only need a couple more for a full house!