The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The defending at those goals was a shambles. One of them, the whole defence stands and watches while Murphy runs 40 yards past them to try and block a cross. Reading is on the right wing at one point.

I don't know how so many players can be so shit at the same time. 

I firmly believe it's the coaching as I have said many times before. It is clear the players are not clear on how the formation should be implemented particularly out of possession.

The championship is full of journeyman players. A team with a good coach and just a couple of slightly higher quality forward players should do well. Last season we had an outstanding forward player and a dud coach. This season we are left with the dud and the outcome is entirely predictable.

39 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

I take it Ahui was injured yesterday? I just don't want McAllister back in the side long term 

Yeah Bullen said he was injured which is why McAllister played.

Or at least that's what I think he said. I can't say that I was listening intently. I had the video playing while I was doing other things.

7 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Might've already been mentioned but does anyone understand what's it up with Albinson?? 

I am sure that I read that he had a shoulder injury. I don't know how accurate that is though. 

We would have a better idea if the club weren't so MI5 about player injuries.

Edited by Richey Edwards

33 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The most laughable justification for not getting new defenders is that they played well in the league cup. That is the official line. 

My word. The League Cup where you play in a group against joiners and uni students and full time clubs treating it as pre-season.

Yesterday definitely seemed to be ‘Operation Get The Ball To Murphy or Chalmers’  from Bullen.

Edited by TheScarf

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

My word. The League Cup where you play in a group against joiners and uni students and full time clubs treating it as pre-season.

Yesterday definitely seemed to be ‘Operation Get The Ball To Murphy or Chalmers’  from Bullen.

It was painful watching us play one of the worst football teams I've ever seen at this level (Morton) and the only plan being get the ball to Chalmers and hope for some magic. Mortons two league wins have come vs Ayr. 

49 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

It was painful watching us play one of the worst football teams I've ever seen at this level (Morton) and the only plan being get the ball to Chalmers and hope for some magic. Mortons two league wins have come vs Ayr. 

One dimensional pish like last season.

It was around this time last year when teams sussed us out and started to double up on Dipo