The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Scott-ish said:
7 hours ago, wuffster said:

I assume that means the building works because I don't see much else.

Some absolute bellends on there.  They walk among us.

I'll bite.

My friends, these are Halcyon Days.  Compare the current Position with losing Three (3)  home games in a row against Cowdenbeath shipping 10+ Goals in the process.  Having to look forward to ANOTHER away game in Angus.  Tying to remember the last time we had a Striker who was genuinely sought after.

Was searching for highlights of Saturday and came across this cracker from 19 December 2015, 

................................." bring back 'Uncle Ian "   aye right.

Lots of people upset over the way the last season ended, and havn't had that purged from their system, by anything visualised on the Park, as yet.

Like most discussions these days opinions are very polarised, and that is evident on here and in the SRE.

2 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

I'll bite.

My friends, these are Halcyon Days.  Compare the current Position with losing Three (3)  home games in a row against Cowdenbeath shipping 10+ Goals in the process.  Having to look forward to ANOTHER away game in Angus.  Tying to remember the last time we had a Striker who was genuinely sought after.

Was searching for highlights of Saturday and came across this cracker from 19 December 2015, 

Lots of people upset over the way the last season ended, and havn't had that purged from their system, by anything visualised on the Park, as yet.

Like most discussions these days opinions are very polarised, and that is evident on here and in the SRE.

Why would we compare the current position with possibly our worst period of time ever. Accept shite, as we were much shiter a few years ago!

I can’t tell if you are taking the piss tbh - every chance we are eighth come Saturday night. Doesn’t scream halcyon days to me!

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why would we compare the current position with possibly our worst period of time ever. Accept shite, as we were much shiter a few years ago!

I can’t tell if you are taking the piss tbh - every chance we are eighth come Saturday night. Doesn’t scream halcyon days to me!

Rinsing the bookies with Shankland anytime, Ayr win was the moment we jumped the shark (on the field) for me. 

2 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

I'll bite.

I am not going to reduce what you posted to “you should be happy because we have been worse” so - 

It is fair to acknowledge where we have come from but the majority don’t want to return there. 
There should also be year on year improvements on and off the park and as support, we should hold the club to account, within reason. The board come and go but the support don’t. I think everyone is in agreement that Smith is doing a good job currently (but not above criticism) 

We are underperforming in the league compared to our budget and have barely won a home game in two years, so the bulk of the supports experience are defeats and draws. That is two years where problems that even the club have identified, haven’t been fixed. We have released more kits this season than won games at Somerset.

You have to acknowledge why people aren’t happy first. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

SRE is such an odd place. Any post that appears that isn’t sunshine and rainbows is immediately jumped on by the same group of people that are seemingly very happy with the status quo. The logic is very strange as well, almost always the argument back for keeping the status quo from them is “it might not get better with a new manager”. Obviously it might not, but it’s completely illogical to stick with something you know isn’t working rather than trying to find something that does.

If you think SRE is bad for that sort of thing avoid Ayr fans worldwide, it’s like a cult. 

I think it's important to note that yes, things have undoubtedly been worse. Within the last decade, we looked destined to drop into the 4th tier for the first time in our history.

But the entire club was in a shambles at that point - a shambles that a club with our support and infrastructure should never have really been in. I've never been a fan of the billy big baws attitude fans of clubs like ours have while in L1, but it goes without saying that we should have been playing higher - we were a total mess on and off the park. The whole club was toxic and tbh it genuinely looked like we may turn into a Clyde.

Now, we have a much more professional and potentially exciting set up, having improved so many areas off the park. We seem to be laying the groundwork to make some really big steps if we make the right decisions in the coaching and playing staff in the coming years.

But that's the problem, our decisions in those areas in recent times have been largely poor, imo. Football that is crap to watch is crap to watch regardless of the level. I don't think playing terribly should come with a caveat that - "yeah but overall we're in an better position than a while ago". That kind of logic doesn't make going to watch the team any more enjoyable.

Our performances in relation to the division are pretty poor by comparison to our budget I feel. Also, at home (the only place that the vast majority of our support get to watch to the team) we are largely awful. The number of home wins in the last 2 years or so is genuinely embarrassing - and that is a direct result of the managers we have had, the squads they have built and the style of football we play. 

It really should not come as any surprise that folk are feeling completely fed up with the on the field stuff at the club just now. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Finding out the BGM shares stuff like "KEEP THE POPPY GOING PLEASE FOR VETERANS" with a wee photo of a poppy on Facebook is hilarious :lol:.

Irreplaceable 

Lee's hates = Not running or remembering hard enough

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We have released more kits this season than won games at Somerset.

Christ. What a stat.

For what it's worth: Ayr haven't won at Gayfield in over four years, if we're talking about the horrible old days of shite trips to Angus.

Edited by Thumper

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Christ. What a stat.

For what it's worth: Ayr haven't won at Gayfield in over four years, if we're talking about the horrible old days of shite trips to Angus.

We beat them 2-0 away end of October 2022

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Finding out the BGM shares stuff like "KEEP THE POPPY GOING PLEASE FOR VETERANS" with a wee photo of a poppy on Facebook is hilarious :lol:.

Irreplaceable 

I’m sure when the Queen died there was a post thanking her for her service or something along those lines! 

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

No doubt if you look further, men in white vans will have been stealing dogs 

Warning to people in Ayrshire. People are putting stickers on door handles to show which houses have dogs that can be stolen for gypsy dog fighting rings...please share.