The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Jim McIntyre new Arbroath manager i see

Solid if unspectacular appointment. Don’t think Cove would have been relegated last season if they hadn’t sacked him. Only place he’s been a disaster was Dundee.

As much as I think it’s time for Bullen to go I have no idea who would get to replace him. 

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Solid if unspectacular appointment. Don’t think Cove would have been relegated last season if they hadn’t sacked him. Only place he’s been a disaster was Dundee.

As much as I think it’s time for Bullen to go I have no idea who would get to replace him. 

Would imagine the 5 below would be the ones which the likes of the daily rangers would run linked stories on if we have a vacancy...

Tam Courts

Liam Fox

Neil McCann

Callum Davidson

Darren O'Dea - seems very highly rated (so was Bartley tbf and look how that's going at QOS...)

5 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Would imagine the 5 below would be the ones which the likes of the daily rangers would run linked stories on if we have a vacancy...

Tam Courts

Liam Fox

Neil McCann

Callum Davidson

Darren O'Dea - seems very highly rated (so was Bartley tbf and look how that's going at QOS...)

Don’t think celtic wanted O’dea to leave when ange left. He would be my choice if bullen was to go if we could get him 

6 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Tam Courts

Liam Fox

Neil McCann

Callum Davidson

The long-term success of "the project" depends on Michael Moffat being the next manager IMO.

6 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Tam Courts

Liam Fox

Neil McCann

Callum Davidson

Imagine Murphy would be discussed but he'd have the same problem as Roberts and Kerr in that he would need to replace himself with an inferior player.

Although you've forgotten Curtis Woodhouse got 4 England U21 caps in 1999 which makes him the number one contender, in his own head. His stellar managerial career since applying when Kerr  got sacked of 3 wins from 13 at Marske United has made real fools out of our BoD.

7 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Tam Courts

Liam Fox

Neil McCann

Callum Davidson

Of that list I’d take Courts. John Robertson would be another one but whether he’d be willing to move is the issue. 

I’m sure O’Dea might have potential but I’d rather have someone who’s been around a bit and has experience. With that comes the caveat that they’ll have failed at some point but it’s that’s always going to be the case with us. 

8 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Tam Courts

Liam Fox

Neil McCann

Callum Davidson

The first two will make more money scudbooking round the coaching world like Austin McPhee and Cathro. McCann isn’t interested in being a manager. 
Davidson has probably until the end of the season to find a club or he will be lost in the wilderness, question marks over several areas of his management and falls under the John Hughes category of - there are so many red flags….but he won a cup. 

O’Dea, like McManus will be well looked after at Celtic and I doubt he’ll walk away from that. 

John Robertson is based too far away I suspect, maybe too old to be hungry enough to relocate for a job. 

If Bullen were to leave, it would be a case of, see who applies as I don’t see anyone who would fit straight in currently.