The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How so? I’m not sure that post on Young is correct. Looks like a fan page assuming he’s back as his loan was until January. Would assume something will be said about him on/before Tuesday. 

We'll be paying a chunk of his wages, surely? Lets hope they're only speculating then. Although I would expect his parent club to break it before we do. Hopefully he's at least here for Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, railwayend said:

What about Charlie to Hearts .?? 

Hearts already have Craig Gordon and Zander Clark who are both far superior goalkeepers to Albinson so unless Craig Gordon is fucked I don’t see them looking at Albinson. 

When you look at the outlook of the league we've actually got one of the biggest squads amazingly. 

It's unfortunately full of shite like McKenzie, Ecrepont, McAllister and a load of academy players who we seem to have no intention of ever giving first team football too.

Good to see we've also managed to spunk all our dipo money and league prize money on shite...

Finances will be grim reading this year since Mathie said last year regardless of those massive income attributes we still barely made profit as a club. Meanwhile this year prize money will be about half most likely, well never make last 8 of the scottish Cup and there's been no hospitality... no wonder we don't want to pay Bullen off early on top of that.

Can understand now why Mathie looked like he'd seen a ghost yesterday when he was sitting in the box.

Just now, AyrTroopMajor said:

Extremely noticeable yesterday that we had about 5 players warming up all through the 2nd half that Bullen evidently had no intention of putting on. What a squad.

Yeah, the only person you would even contemplate putting on would be Smith who has made a good impact off the bench recently. 

Still want to see him out on loan, as there is plenty of potential there but at the moment we are ruining him. 

I hope Bullen is bluffing with this chat about outgoings before anyone comes in. We need at least a centre back, a full back, and another option up top at minimum without any outgoings yet we're going to be relying on loans which could mean we're waiting another 8 weeks for re-enforcements while not actually shifting deadwood like Ecrepont, Smith, and McKenzie and instead replacing loanees who have been decent for us.

Even if we can bring those players in I have no confidence that we'll get the right players in. Ideally we need an experienced centre back who is solid on the ball and can organise a defence, a full back who can actually hold his own 1 on 1 and link up with a winger, and a forward who can score goals and create chances because we're a loan recall and an injury away from staring down the barrel of relegation. I think I made a post a while ago showing that under the current regime we had a 40-50% success rate with signings so my hopes this January window aren't high at all

A club with finances like ours should be nurturing young players and giving them a chance. Yesterday was a perfect chance to bring Smith on 2nd half in place of Dempsey who was getting bypassed and just slowing the game down constantly.

Watrett looks a prospect but Bullen prefers Ahui who starts every single game looking like he's wandered onto the pitch thinking it's a Zumba class.

It's a worry that our best players are loans , we've no players coming through the academy and we've no sellable assets.

Then the same old 'need time to bed them in' excuses will arise when the new loan players arrive.

Just got to hope the teams around us have similar issues.

38 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Finances will be grim reading this year since Mathie said last year regardless of those massive income attributes we still barely made profit as a club. Meanwhile this year prize money will be about half most likely, well never make last 8 of the scottish Cup and there's been no hospitality... no wonder we don't want to pay Bullen off early on top of that.

The pitch work in the summer was about £150k so the club were making an expected loss, the second finish meant they broke even, The Dipo money was expected to cover the pitch work anyway so it worked out slightly better until we lost Murdoch and Dempsey. So we weren't great but we were fine. 

This season will be a different situation I guess, if we weren't going to be top 4, we need a decent run in the cup. A relegation battle can see an upturn in crowds but the prize money is worse.  At the moment, I don't see a massive upturn in crowds during a relegation fight, most folk are just fed up. 

If the success of this window depends on us shifting on some of the failures from the last window, at what point do we say, things aren't working as a club?

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If the success of this window depends on us shifting on some of the failures from the last window, at what point do we say, things aren't working as a club?

That's where our biggest problem lies. The players that have had an impact belong to other clubs. Syla and Rose have been pretty poor but they're on contracts. Nobody is giving us anything for them.

Other players have regressed under Bullen. I think it's 100% fair to say the experiment isn't working.

1 hour ago, NorthStand10 said:

I heard Dundee United were looking at recalling Logan Chalmers in January, any truth in that?

He is out of contract in the summer and he's already played for Dundee United so he'll be at one of us for the second half of the season. 

They didn't allow him to play in the Scottish cup, which means they have one eye on him returning in January or they are hoping to force our hand to pay money for him, of take on his contract for the last 6 months in January rather than him leave for free in the summer. 

He has been at Dundee United for seven years and only played a smattering of games, he's been on loan for most of it. He said about a month ago, he hadn't spoken to anyone at Dundee United since he went out on loan. Unless he wants one last crack at first team football at Dundee United, I don't see him keen to go back. I am also not sure he'll want to commit to signing for Ayr beyond the end of the season when he'll likely have better financial offers in the summer. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The pitch work in the summer was about £150k so the club were making an expected loss, the second finish meant they broke even, The Dipo money was expected to cover the pitch work anyway so it worked out slightly better until we lost Murdoch and Dempsey. So we weren't great but we were fine. 

This season will be a different situation I guess, if we weren't going to be top 4, we need a decent run in the cup. A relegation battle can see an upturn in crowds but the prize money is worse.  At the moment, I don't see a massive upturn in crowds during a relegation fight, most folk are just fed up. 

I'm surprised home crowds have stayed relatively decent around 2,000 mark however i believe a large amount of complimentary's are being dished about which probably helps that. 

I honestly don't even know where we start with the squad as it's an imbalanced unorganised terrible mess, I know what i'd do with all the guys who are actually Ayr United players and not loans....

Albinson - Keep

Mutch - Keep

McAllister - Release 

Reading - Release 

Musonda - Release 

McGinty - Keep

Murdoch - Release 

Dempsey - Release 

Rose - Release 

McGeady - Give up football side of things

Stanger - Keep

Murphy - Keep

Amartay - Keep

Smith - Loan out or Release 

Ollie Ecrepont - Keep

Syla - Hardly played so not seen enough to judge 

Finn Ecrepont - Release 

McKenzie - Release 

Tomlinson - Loan

Guthrie - Loan

Bryden - Loan

Watret - Loan 

Jenkins - Loan 

Viviani - Loan 

Only 7 players from the current squad of players who i feel would be good enough to stay and build a squad around that can compete towards the top end of the league, and 3 of those 7 are goalkeepers so only 4 outfield players. Stanger and Amartay have shown flashes to suggest they can develop and improve and McGinty and Murphy are experienced guys now who can do a job. 

If we're keeping the young academy players we need to start loaning them out to clubs at league 2 level for example instead of just sitting on them and never actually getting a chance around the 1st team apart from a reserve league kick about every fortnight down at Cumnock. 

Out of the guys we have on loan from their parent club the only two we should try and sign permanently are Chalmers and Dowds.

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

I'm surprised home crowds have stayed relatively decent around 2,000 mark however i believe a large amount of complimentary's are being dished about which probably helps that. 

I honestly don't even know where we start with the squad as it's an imbalanced unorganised terrible mess, I know what i'd do with all the guys who are actually Ayr United players and not loans....

Albinson - Keep

Mutch - Keep

McAllister - Release 

Reading - Release 

Musonda - Release 

McGinty - Keep

Murdoch - Release 

Dempsey - Release 

Rose - Release 

McGeady - Give up football side of things

Stanger - Keep

Murphy - Keep

Amartay - Keep

Smith - Loan out or Release 

Ollie Ecrepont - Keep

Syla - Hardly played so not seen enough to judge 

Finn Ecrepont - Release 

McKenzie - Release 

Tomlinson - Loan

Guthrie - Loan

Bryden - Loan

Watret - Loan 

Jenkins - Loan 

Viviani - Loan 

Only 7 players from the current squad of players who i feel would be good enough to stay and build a squad around that can compete towards the top end of the league, and 3 of those 7 are goalkeepers so only 4 outfield players. Stanger and Amartay have shown flashes to suggest they can develop and improve and McGinty and Murphy are experienced guys now who can do a job. 

If we're keeping the young academy players we need to start loaning them out to clubs at league 2 level for example instead of just sitting on them and never actually getting a chance around the 1st team apart from a reserve league kick about every fortnight down at Cumnock. 

Out of the guys we have on loan from their parent club the only two we should try and sign permanently are Chalmers and Dowds.

Release Dempsey? Really?