The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

He's staying isn't he

Yeah, he is.

If we lose to an injury decimated Arbroath side this week, it is surely at the point of no return for anyone with any semblance of sense though. 

We’ll end up scraping a point and the surrounding circumstances will be ignored and they will desperately hang on to it as an improvement. 

It really is just a matter of how far gone things are, and just how much worse it can get… 

Aye, Bullen's going nowhere.

And the 'quality dressing room' patter in the article doesn't reassure that much will change during the Jan window either. Seems to be saying that the existing folk just need to up their game.

(Altho tbf he's hardly like to say otherwise in print and his job here is to deliver a motivational puff piece...)

14 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Ahh the old ‘run harder’ routine

Do you think he's ever done this with them? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/46405477.amp

Spoiler

"The van doors opened, guys with masks rag-dolled us out, head-locked us, flipped on the floor. We were blindfolded with ear muffs on. They were dragging us about rooms bouncing us off walls in total darkness."

One player ran off into the hills and was hauled back by four soldiers. Another broke down in tears. It was a team-building exercise that pushed them to their limits. This is what happened when the SAS "kidnapped" the Partick Thistle squad.

Edited by itzdrk

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Do you think he's ever done this with them? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/46405477.amp

Hide contents

"The van doors opened, guys with masks rag-dolled us out, head-locked us, flipped on the floor. We were blindfolded with ear muffs on. They were dragging us about rooms bouncing us off walls in total darkness."

Partick Thistle are second-bottom of the Scottish Championship. Their bleak start to the season spelled the end for boss Alan Archibald but under his successor, Gary Caldwell, the Firhill side have failed to win any of their five matches.

Caldwell decided to do something different - radically different. He arranged for his team to spend a day with the British Army's Parachute Regiment based at Garelochhead in Argyll and Bute.

One player ran off into the hills and was hauled back by four soldiers. Another broke down in tears. It was a team-building exercise that pushed them to their limits. This is what happened when the SAS "kidnapped" the Partick Thistle squad.

If they are gonna get kidnapped (including bullen)can we just not pay the ransom?

Edited by malkyshotton

Just now, malkyshotton said:

If they are gonna get kidnapped (including bullen)can we just not be pay the ransom?

Ive not put my new balaclava to good use yet, so I'd like to nominate myself as the kidnapper. 

Bullens interview with the VOR today has a touch of the Hopkins prior to the “must win” game up there when we were handed our collective arse by half time.

Load of meaningless fluff about a dip in form and needing a wee run. He says playing Arbroath this week is ideal because they know exactly the challenge we face and we’ll be ready. 

if we are 3 down by half time, he should be made to make his own way home. 

5 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

You've kind of made the balaclava a bit redundant now to be honest.

It's still nice to look the part. 

Smith and Mathie have clearly decided they can live with relegation if it comes to that.  Still no sign of any clarification on whether Bullen will be here next season either way (I’d say a contract extension would have happened by now if it was going to)  - would be nice if there was an actual journalist out there who would ask the question.

The most charitable interpretation is that they’ve decided to back Bullen and there is money to make significant moves in the transfer market.

a) I doubt it

b) Bullen wouldn’t have a clue what he needs if there is money

c) Even if he got what he was after, he wouldn’t be able to use it properly anyway.

Mark Kerr must be shaking his head given he was essentially sacked on the basis of 3 consecutive home defeats.

I keep frequently checking on here to see if Ayr are going to be signing anyone.

I actually had the very scary thought that Ayr could go through the whole of January without signing anyone, with Bullen giving the same excuse for a loss every week until the end of May.

Nightmare fuel.

@D'Jaffo do you know any more on the loan from England?