The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The Panda seems to be in a state of mourning too going by his twitter.

"I can be sad about it. The players hadn't chucked it. You could see that on Saturday. One goes in on Saturday and Lee is still here. Fine margins. Could have turned it around. But it's happened so here we are. But we may regret it. You never know"

We will never come to regret getting rid of a manager who was not good enough.

What we may come to regret is making a shite appointment that takes us down. If that happens, that doesn't mean that we should have kept Bullen instead.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We will 100% regret not getting to visit Broomhill, East Kilbride and Caledonian Braves in 3 seasons time.

If we beat Arbroath on Saturday, he’d have lost against Kelty or Arbroath on the Tuesday anyway, that was the point in sacking him, 11 games to turn it round and we had got worse every game.  

I would be very interested to know how the process played out and the criteria that led to his sacking, apart from the obvious, given the platitudes that have been laid out since.

For how much he was admired it was a bit baffling they chose to do it after a draw and with Kelty this week.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

I would be very interested to know how the process played out and the criteria that led to his sacking, apart from the obvious, given the platitudes that have been laid out since.

For how much he was admired it was a bit baffling they chose to do it after a draw and with Kelty this week.

Think they had to weigh up how long any new manager coming in would have to bring players in. We’re already cutting it fine as it is. Wouldn’t expect any new manager to be announced until next week which probably means players won’t start coming in until after the Queens Park game. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think they had to weigh up how long any new manager coming in would have to bring players in. We’re already cutting it fine as it is. Wouldn’t expect any new manager to be announced until next week which probably means players won’t start coming in until after the Queens Park game. 

Fair enough, even with that I'm still surprised they pulled the pin (given the outpouring of grief)

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

I would think that they would have had discussions well before this week. He looked furious after the Inverness game and that game may have been the result that made him aware he was due to be sacked. His last 2 games, he didn’t look that bothered. It was noted that he looked like he wasn’t under any pressure, I think he’d given up by that point.
They noted a sustained run of poor results in the statement that they released which was maybe in his contract, meaning the club could terminate rather than pay off. 

For all that it felt inevitable the timing was a bit of a surprise to me as well. If they were so reluctant to sack him you’d think a draw would have felt like justification to them to give him another week.

I get the argument about the transfer windows but again if they were as reluctant as they claimed then it’s not the kind of thing you jump into just because there’s a transfer window.

Maybe they just shat themselves.

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Honestly don’t care about Mathie giving us some business speak in an interview right now. Focus on finding a decent manager and then have all the interviews you like.

I don’t think a short five minute update takes away any of his focus. 

A timeline, how things are progressing and what they are looking for isn’t business speak either - it’s just basic stuff. 

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

For all that it felt inevitable the timing was a bit of a surprise to me as well. If they were so reluctant to sack him you’d think a draw would have felt like justification to them to give him another week.

I get the argument about the transfer windows but again if they were as reluctant as they claimed then it’s not the kind of thing you jump into just because there’s a transfer window.

A few weeks ago I looked at the run of games we had coming up and thought to myself that we should be targeting 10 points minimum from them. Maybe they were thinking along similar lines?

Edited by Richey Edwards

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

A draw, a game against Kelty, and bringing in new players to run things around. It is a bit of a surprise they sacked him and didn't give him those things.

Unless there are no new players coming in, then it makes a bit more sense.