The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

The guy is a very successful manager, one of the most prepared in the business. It’s bizarre that he’s never made it to the seniors.

Talbot have been bang average for a couple of years now. 

I’d be amazed if they even got passed his name on the CV if he submitted one. 

11 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Interesting Gretna have just made 5 signings today including wingers so clearly game time was going to be reduced for him and clearly Holding has done well hopefully he kicks on there

Maybe he wants to play closer to home and with a team playing much better football and getting results 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Maybe he wants to play closer to home and with a team playing much better football and getting results 

Can you please let Smith know that we want Sir Ian McCall back and not Scott bloody Brown? Ah-thank-ye. 

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Do we know if Jenkins will be staying at Gretna or is he likely going back as well? He can play centre back and we’re needing more cover in defence

10 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Can you please let Smith know that we want Sir Ian McCall back and not Scott bloody Brown? Ah-thank-ye. 

Speak for yourself. I’d rather Brown. Much rather Bowyer mind. 

9 hours ago, Nelson said:

Didn’t Craig Moore score about 25 goals the year we won the league?

But obviously LS was a fluke signing.  Along with Ross Docherty, Liam Smith, Daniel Harvie, Michael Rose, Michael Moffat, Andy Murdoch, Mark Kerr, Steven Bell, Jamie Adams, Andy Geggan…

Moores’ goal to game ratio was slightly higher than Shankland 

18 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Do we know if Jenkins will be staying at Gretna or is he likely going back as well? He can play centre back and we’re needing more cover in defence

Think he is staying there 

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I can't imagine getting scudded by 3+ goals a week is much fun, character building maybe, but not fun.

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

I get that the first priority is to stay in the league and you'll likely get a bit of a bounce with McCall. Would you not be concerned he would leave you [again] if a better opportunity came up. Suppose you may get compensated tho' ...... difficult one.

What manager wouldn’t leave if a better opportunity came up - just nature of the beast surely?

8 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

If all our midfielders are fit, who do you guys reckon are our strongest centre mids?

Murdoch isn’t anywhere near fit. He will be lucky to play again this season and he won’t be like he was before for a long time before he will be back to normal*

I guess the talk of him leaving this window was nonsense. 

*he never really recovered to 100% from his last ACL and was almost there before doing it again. 

24 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

If all our midfielders are fit, who do you guys reckon are our strongest centre mids?

Not counting Murdoch it’s Dempsey and take your pick between Syla and Smith cause that’s actually it in terms of CM Senga will be gone and Young is gone 

I can’t see past McCall for the following reasons:

1.  Experience 

2.  He has been here before

3.  He must surely be within our budget

4.  He can spot a player.

He may only take us so far, but that would be a full 180 on where we are heading at the moment, and I’d bite your hand off for that.

Dont mind a wee bit of a project/experiment if we have some leeway, but right now we are hanging on to championship status with our fingertips!!

Spoiler

I won’t deny that I yearn for the football we played under him previously and the players he brought to the club.  A couple of years of anything close would be night and day to the past couple of seasons

Ayr United have appointed countless managers who were fresh faced and up and coming - the majority end in failure. What have Brown and the like achieved as managers that makes them so appetising? 

As for Bowyer, I'm certain he isn't coming.