The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s a weird one, these players are quite obviously highly thought of given their achievements last year and the beginning gob this season however I do feel we need a bit of a clear out. Rose and Smith are already away while I’d let the likes of Higgins, Adams, Bell etc go. 

ETA: will be interesting to see how many signings we bring in in the summer. Around 7 maybe?

Smith, Rose and Shankland are away, while Doohan, Cadden and Miller will be back to their parent club so thats 6 that need replacing.

Bell, Adams, Higgins, Geggan, Kerr, Crawford, McDaid, Forrest, Moore and Moffat are all out of contract and with the exception of Higgins you could make a case for giving new contracts to all of them, as none have looked out of place in the championship this season.

Edited by honestly united

4 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Smith, Rose and Shankland are away, while Doohan, Cadden and Miller will be back to their parent club so thats 6 that need replacing.

Bell, Adams, Higgins, Geggan, Kerr, Crawford, Docherty, McDaid, Forrest and Moffat are all out of contract and with the exception of Higgins you could make a case for giving new contracts to all of them, as none have looked out of place in the championship this season.

Docherty signed an 18 month deal in January. Same time as David Ferguson. 

ETA: you’ve also missed Moore from the out of contract list. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Docherty signed an 18 month deal in January. Same time as David Ferguson. 

ETA: you’ve also missed Moore from the out of contract list. 

Thanks for the heads up, edited my post!

Edit to add - Also wasn't sure on the situation with any of the youngsters so not included them

Edited by honestly united

Guy on the SRE FB says  McCall and many of the  players have decided to leave the club at end of the season because of the support.Wouldn't normally post stuff from there but the guy that posted it isn't  usually one of the zoomers, and I think he might have ties to the club.

19 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Guy on the SRE FB says  McCall and many of the  players have decided to leave the club at end of the season because of the support.Wouldn't normally post stuff from there but the guy that posted it isn't  usually one of the zoomers, and I think he might have ties to the club.

They should shut that page down .

Full of roasters .the most cringe thing about it is the amount of people that send a photo with the ayr jersey on sitting in a pub in the Costa del sol .

The only players that I’ve heard are away apart from the confirmed Smith and Rose are Crawford, Shankland and McDaid.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if McCall left.

It’s a weird one, these players are quite obviously highly thought of given their achievements last year and the beginning gob this season however I do feel we need a bit of a clear out. Rose and Smith are already away while I’d let the likes of Higgins, Adams, Bell etc go. 
ETA: will be interesting to see how many signings we bring in in the summer. Around 7 maybe?

I’d say around the 7 or 8 mark with a particular need for centre backs and a couple of strikers.

I reckon we’ll lose McDaid with Cadden and Miller going back. I’d probably have Cadden back alongside McGuffie returning. I would like another experienced one in there though. Keep Geggan and Ferguson to contest for RB and hopefully Ecrepont can push Harvie for LB.

Doohan will go back but he’d be my preferred choice next season if we can get him.

Crawford is likely away so we could do with someone to partner Murdoch and keep Kerr and Docherty as back ups.

The only players that I’ve heard are away apart from the confirmed Smith and Rose are Crawford, Shankland and McDaid.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if McCall left.

I’d be very surprised if McCall leaves at the end of the season. He has already started signing players for next season.

26 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’d be very surprised if McCall leaves at the end of the season. He has already started signing players for next season.

I think McCall will bring in somebody else as manager and he will move up to some other role at the club. 

Like new players or are you just talking about Doc and Ferguson etc?

His dad used to play for the club don't know what connections he has the now though, TBH if McCall and any players actually read some of the utter dross written on there I wouldn't blame them for wanting to leave.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 minutes ago, Sludden123 said:
I think McCall will bring in somebody else as manager and he will move up to some other role at the club. 

Mark Kerr?

Possibly, I just heard McCall saying that some big changes are needed and I think that sort of thing might happen at some point.

Having a clear out would not be sensible imo. Keep pretty much anyone we can, with a few injury ravaged exceptions, and then replace.

You only have to look at the start of this thread and then how this season started to see the benefits of continuity.

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

His dad used to play for the club don't know what connections he has the now though, TBH if McCall and any players actually read some of the utter dross written on there I wouldn't blame them for wanting to leave.

might be getting him mixed up with someone else, sure there's a volunteer who posts there who's always going on about  the board not making funds available.

Only rumours, neither are concrete is Kyle Turner and Dom Thomas. 

Both I would take.

I’ve been going on about Turner for ages on here and Thomas has done well for Dumbarton this season.