The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, JTWIS said:

OK, cheers.

But why would you say stadium parking is better? Never usually bother with it as it costs money.

It depends when you arrive tbh. The closer to kick off the stadium parking is your best option.

The earlier you are you can park in some of the surrounding streets but it is limited and I'm sure I parked in a school car park once. Its not the most salubrious of areas either.

11 hours ago, Ayrfix said:

I still cannot believe we binned Burley and got that arsehole Stainsheets. Fucking clown of a manager, his league of nations shite should have said how poor we were. His classic that all the top teams will be taking points off each other, no one will notice Ayr coming through the pack. Clown deserves shot for the fedora pish. Not a fan!!!

I checked Simon Stainrod, as he was managing Ayr a couple of years before I started going to Somerset. I knew of him but didn't genuinely think he could've been that bad.

Quite gutted as I was going to buy the 'What Everyone wants' Retro Ayr shirt.

Both he and Campbell Money had 70 Games as Ayr Manager.

Stainrod - P 70 W 16 D 20 L 34

Win Percentage - 22.86%

Money - P 70 W 15 D 19 L 36 

Win Percentage - 21.43%

I remember Campbell Money being manager and the massive wave of supporter apathy that came with him.

Statistically the worst manager (Outwith stand in or temporary managers) by statistics, is Campbell Money.

Although, I don't honestly know the stats from Mark Kerr onwards, it would be hard to beat that I presume.

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I checked Simon Stainrod, as he was managing Ayr a couple of years before I started going to Somerset. I knew of him but didn't genuinely think he could've been that bad.

Win Percentage - 22.86%

Win Percentage - 21.43%

I remember Campbell Money being manager and the massive wave of supporter apathy that came with him.

Statistically the worst manager (Outwith stand in or temporary managers) by statistics, is Campbell Money.

Although, I don't honestly know the stats from Mark Kerr onwards, it would be hard to beat that I presume.

Pretty sure Money got a new deal after getting us relegated as well.

13 minutes ago, Peil said:

Anyone been in the bar at the stadium, or an I better wandering down into Airdrie itself?

Bar in the stadium is fine, better than going into town imo

13 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Win Percentage - 22.86%

Win Percentage - 21.43%

I mind talking with John Hillcoat when he was coaching my oldest.

He said the problem was we were in such financial bother at the time with the tax bill that we had no option but to play young boys who got overrun most weeks.

He wasn't a great manager, but he had a rotten squad to work with.

23 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Win Percentage - 22.86%

Win Percentage - 21.43%

Money was the fall guy who got handed a poisoned chalice when Bill Barr stopped funding the team and Dalziel left. It's not really a fair comparison to Stainrod who, though he was pre-megabucks, still wasn't in charge for a planned contraction like Money.

12 hours ago, Ayrfix said:

I still cannot believe we binned Burley and got that arsehole Stainsheets. Fucking clown of a manager, his league of nations shite should have said how poor we were. His classic that all the top teams will be taking points off each other, no one will notice Ayr coming through the pack. Clown deserves shot for the fedora pish. Not a fan!!!

Didn’t seem that strange at the time.  Burley had run out of ideas and had very obviously lost the dressing room (see the 6 nil defeat prior to his sacking).  Stainrod definitely gave the club a lift and kept us up the year 5 teams were relegated.  Unfortunately his mouth then ran away from him at a time when the club clearly weren’t going to give him the financial resources to back up the daft talk.  It’s strange to think that half a dozen players from the team he ultimately got relegated made it into Duncan Carmichael’s greatest players book.  Probably says something about Stainrod that he couldn’t build a team even with the likes of Frank Rolling, Duncan George, Cammy Duncan and John Traynor to call on (though I’m pretty sure Traynor missed most of that season through injury).

The fedora hat thing was a cringe fest from the outset, so I’ve no real sympathy for anyone who bought one!

52 minutes ago, JTWIS said:

OK, cheers.

But why would you say stadium parking is better? Never usually bother with it as it costs money.

Less walking. Nearby streets didn't have a lot of space before, lots parked over pavements etc. Pay £2 or leave car where the hills have eyes.

Finally getting round to listening to Davie Whites interview, I had seen one of our youth players had signed for Celtic (Calvin Kennan) and good to see we received a transfer fee for him. Not sure how significant it would have been, but another good youngster coming out the academy. 

11 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

nah he retired 4 years ago but is now back it seems last played with Stenhousemuir in 2020, played with him in the Moffat Testimonial and well looked good there against fans XD (thank christ he was on my team)

That's right, forgot he played in that game. I was just focusing on one of my heros that day...Jamie Adams 😂 whilst trying to avoid collapsing due to the heat. Great day 

10 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

I used the term 'Gads' a few times at Ibrox last week and a couple of Sevco numbskulls quizzed it 😅. It must be a typical Ayrshire origin saying. 

It's Like the word 'Haneck'

Example: 'Haneck, you support Killie! Ya fanny!'

Gadz is definitely only an Ayrshire saying but a lovely beautifully descriptive one. I have never heard of Haneck so would assume it’s known in the south of the county only.