The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hi Dryhorce hiya pal

Are we about to be inundated with suggestions of Sunday League players we should be taking a look at?

Poor old Dryhorce and his rare eye condition. Last seen getting hounded off the SRE page. That takes some doing :lol:

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

“Modern goalkeeper” is a lot of shite imo.

A goalkeepers job is to stop the ball going into the net. If they can do that whilst also being comfortable coming for crosses then I’ll take them.

Liam Kelly isn’t being courted because he can play 5 yard passes to his defenders. Unless you want to set a team up to play out from the back then there’s no need to look for a goalie that can pass comfortably.

Sweeper keeper there used all across Europe which is why its teams like Hamburg courting him

Typical parochial Scottish view off goal keeping totally in the last century and behind the times like the whole Largs system

Sweeper keeper there used all across Europe which is why its teams like Hamburg courting him
Typical parochial Scottish view off goal keeping totally in the last century and behind the times like the whole Largs system

You don’t need a sweeper keeper to compete in the Scottish Championship ffs.

The standard of keepers in this league are shite with Fox, Doohan and Ridgers being the only ones I’d be happy to have in my time. So long as you’ve got one that does the basics then you’ll be fine. You don’t need to be a “sweeper keeper” to complete short passes to centre backs or full backs. Any half decent goalie should be expected to do this.

Far be it from me to agree with Dryhorce, but anyone who watched us in the first half of the season saw the importance of Doohan’s distribution. Obviously actually being able to make saves is most important but it’s daft to completely disregard distribution.

7 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Are we about to be inundated with suggestions of Sunday League players we should be taking a look at?

Poor old Dryhorce and his rare eye condition. Last seen getting hounded off the SRE page. That takes some doing :lol:

I would not tell you if I did gigged up

But any off the development squad get let go drop off there numbers

I can get them to training at a prominent Ayrshire junior club

9 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Swing and a miss for Dryhorce imo, not tall or Northern Irish enough suggestions. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You don’t need a sweeper keeper to compete in the Scottish Championship ffs.

The standard of keepers in this league are shite with Fox, Doohan and Ridgers being the only ones I’d be happy to have in my time. So long as you’ve got one that does the basics then you’ll be fine. You don’t need to be a “sweeper keeper” to complete short passes to centre backs or full backs. Any half decent goalie should be expected to do this.

But Fox cant even achieve that which is my point

Would be a awful signing and would expect top dollar

But Fox cant even achieve that which is my point
Would be a awful signing and would expect top dollar

He can.

I’ve seen Fox enough this season to know he’d be a decent signing. But there’s also zero chance we’ll sign him because of his wage demands and he’ll fancy himself at a higher level that the Championship.

You’re wasting your time if you think we’ll be looking for a goalie that can spray 50 yard with 100% accuracy.

Ive saw him too and he can be good and bad and bad outweighs the good or else he would have had a better career also on the small side to for a keeper
So its a naw from me stick to helping develop the next batch off Scottish keepers for the Auld Firm
Actually Aberdeen got a good one in development squad who is coming to Glasgow next year at Uni 6.5 foot
Can get you his number if you want?

Why should we focus on helping the “auld firm” develop players?

Is this just so you can go and watch them play when they’ve went back to their parent clubs?

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If this means you won’t be back on here then I’m happy.

I won't my times precious to me treat myself now and again though to watching the famous

I don't even watch the Friday games anymore to many bawbags at Somerset these days and that was before this year

Support will never grow with such hateful supporters

But could be worse you could all live in Kilmarnock

I won't my times precious to me treat myself now and again though to watching the famous
I don't even watch the Friday games anymore to many bawbags at Somerset these days and that was before this year
Support will never grow with such hateful supporters

But could be worse you could all live in Kilmarnock

Calling supporters at Somerset bawbags whilst toddling along to Ibrox to sit with the **** is the height of irony.