The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I know... amazing shot stopper... but my theory is, with timmins now back with us.... could he progress. There's also the question, if not him.... then who?

He’s under contract at Raith and we won’t be signing anyone from them. 

I’d be happy enough with Clarke. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He’s under contract at Raith and we won’t be signing anyone from them. 

I’d be happy enough with Clarke. 

Really? I like hearing everyone's opinions... I'm never a, I'm right, you're wrong person. With Clarke, I just don't see it. He's done a good job for us,  given his age and experience but I really would like an experienced keeper. I'd even chip in to au500 fund for it ha!

45 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I like him too, he has a bit of shithousery about him and wins a lot of ‘fouls’

Can't stand him. Pure bellend of a guy.

In saying that I'd absolutely love us to sign him 😂. Exactly the type of plaster we need.

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Really? I like hearing everyone's opinions... I'm never a, I'm right, you're wrong person. With Clarke, I just don't see it. He's done a good job for us,  given his age and experience but I really would like an experienced keeper. I'd even chip in to au500 fund for it ha!

I don’t think it’s outrageous to say that an under contract player at a team who are ahead of us on the pitch won’t be signing for us any time soon. Another season at this level and he’ll likely move further up. 

As you say, if Timmins can develop a goalie who can’t come from crosses or lets shots go through his legs why can’t he develop a 19 year old, under 21 international who had a pretty decent few months at this level? Clarkes distribution is already better than most keepers at this level. 

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

More confident about having clarke with timmons back

Think he'll be as good as doohan or albinson

Cmon mate, Albinson was nowhere near close to the level of Doohan. 

2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

That'll be us soon enough .think we deserve a bit of glory .raith ain't any bigger a team than us . Keep the faith 🙏 

Don't think we'll get far next season as what Raith are...and if we dont, I'd struggle to see it ever happen tbh.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They just did the jersey auction. 

Folk were mentioning there was quite a lot of add ons attached to that on top of the winning bid, and I think the jerseys were dispatched from London so dunno what's going on there.

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Folk were mentioning there was quite a lot of add ons attached to that on top of the winning bid, and I think the jerseys were dispatched from London so dunno what's going on there.

They did it through a global company, the last time they did it via email bids and it was a bit of a shambles. I am guessing the bid was money to the fund and the rest was admin from the site. 

23 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

My mate has bought the top scorers from the last 2 seasons, think he's planning some sort of wall of fame.  I've got Frankie's from last season still hanging in the spare room awaiting a frame.    Also got a full squad signed shirt that was won through a cinch competition and...get this....open to offers BTW....a ball signed by David Hopkin 🤣

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

My mate has bought the top scorers from the last 2 seasons, think he's planning some sort of wall of fame.  I've got Frankie's from last season still hanging in the spare room awaiting a frame.    Also got a full squad signed shirt that was won through a cinch competition and...get this....open to offers BTW....a ball signed by David Hopkin 🤣

DO IT

14 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Just boot it as high and far away as possible in honour of the great man.

Its totally deflated and gathering dust completely out of sight, which I feel is a tribute in itself.  

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Cmon mate, Albinson was nowhere near close to the level of Doohan. 

I would say when Albinson was at his best moments he wasn't far off, i agree though it didn't happen often. 

Doohan consistantly was 100%

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Don't think we'll get far next season as what Raith are...and if we dont, I'd struggle to see it ever happen tbh.

I have this anticipation and fear also.... aufc are very good at hyping up nonsense. I want/need to see some serious effort b4 I commit to anything. If the club commit to on- field efforts, the fans will (outwith the core 1500) get right in about it! As I've said b4 on here... I'm ready to hand over my money and effort... but not for 3 youths extending.... some will roll out the, better fan than you patter, at my attitude but they Don't realise... that chat actually drives fair weather fans and £ away from the club. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry totally disagree with folks on here having Clarke as our No1 next season. Shot stopping he was great but distribution and commanding the box very suspect for me. I’m sure Brown will be targeting a commanding No1.

Edited by Aufc_