The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

McGinty looked hopeless when he first joined but has turned into a good defender and servant for the club. 

If this is how it ends, then farewell Hoofman. I am gutted that we will never get to see you hoof the ball over the new stand.

IMG-20231219-WA0001.jpg.b0d14a50925e9f6b915351f45bad715c.jpg

59 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Bit nauseous after watch that tbh

I thought he was coming across really well until he said something along the lines of hoping Celtic fans take over Ayr on 5th July. I completely get it’s Celtic TV so he has to appease to the audience but it did make me feel a bit sick in the mouth 😂

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I thought he was coming across really well until he said something along the lines of hoping Celtic fans take over Ayr on 5th July. I completely get it’s Celtic TV so he has to appease to the audience but it did make me feel a bit sick in the mouth 😂

Just trying to get the gate money up

6 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

🤞 Do we think Celtic will be our first pre season game or do we expect at least a bounce game before the 5th July?

We tried to get the other arse cheek the following week but they were fully booked for some reason 🚶🚶🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶🚶🤹‍♂️🦹🦹🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊🦺🥁🪈🧻🇬🇧🇳🇱💩🧟🧟🧟🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧌

Where was the supposed news that it was between us and Ross County for Logan Chalmers? 

Thought a move to Raith was all but done. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where was the supposed news that it was between us and Ross County for Logan Chalmers? 

Reckon he’d get a game in the prem? I doubt he would get in that squad week in week out. I think he needs to be in a team starting every week to really progress. If he goes could end up another mcinroy situation 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Reckon he’d get a game in the prem? I doubt he would get in that squad week in week out. I think he needs to be in a team starting every week to really progress. If he goes could end up another mcinroy situation 

Nah he wouldn’t be starting. I’m not even sure if he’d be starting every week for Raith given how stacked they are in the wide forward areas.

If we end up re-signing him then I’d be playing him on the left of a 442 and getting another player on the right. If we’re going with Dowds and Oakley up front then our focus needs to be on crosses into the box. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If there is any truth in this them staying up has probably increased our chances. Don’t think he’s ready for the premiership. 

Who we still waiting to hear on? Rumoured to be trying to get Sanders, Chalmers and Clarke on permanents. Clarke doesn’t look like it’ll be happening. Offered a deal to Musonda but still waiting on an outcome on that one. Heard nothing on McGinley but safe to assume he’s been released? 

Aye I think McGinley is away but it’s one of those ones where the club aren’t acknowledging his existence as there was zero point in him being here. 

Clarke isn’t signing so we need a goalkeeper but I’m guessing this is being worked on. We need a right back, centre back and a couple wingers as well. Whether or not Sanders and Chalmers come back I don’t know. Ideally we can maybe get another 5 in before the league cup and then use those games to see what’s missing. We’ll likely make use of the loan market after that point for another 1 or 2. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Who we still waiting to hear on? Rumoured to be trying to get Sanders, Chalmers and Clarke on permanents. Clarke doesn’t look like it’ll be happening. Offered a deal to Musonda but still waiting on an outcome on that one. Heard nothing on McGinley but safe to assume he’s been released? 

I would like to hear some new names(other than Oakley) instead of who we had last year. We have been saying all season we need full backs, centre back, midfielders, wingers, goalie etc. If it's a rebuild to push on we need new names in. The loan market is always hit and miss and never helps when we loan from teams in the same division.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I think McGinley is away but it’s one of those ones where the club aren’t acknowledging his existence as there was zero point in him being here. 

Clarke isn’t signing so we need a goalkeeper but I’m guessing this is being worked on. We need a right back, centre back and a couple wingers as well. Whether or not Sanders and Chalmers come back I don’t know. Ideally we can maybe get another 5 in before the league cup and then use those games to see what’s missing. We’ll likely make use of the loan market after that point for another 1 or 2. 

Aye I get that but it’s affecting my OCD so if the club could acknowledge he’s gone even if it’s just at the end of the next signing announcement that would be great. 

4 minutes ago, Only me... said:

I would like to hear some new names(other than Oakley) instead of who we had last year. We have been saying all season we need full backs, centre back, midfielders, wingers, goalie etc. If it's a rebuild to push on we need new names in. The loan market is always hit and miss and never helps when we loan from teams in the same division.

I’d agree as previously said I’d only be signing one of Sanders or Musonda and wouldn’t be overly bothered if both moved on. The club have been pretty good in recent years of not leaking signing information till it was a done deal so I’d hope there’s a few deals pretty far down the line and it’s a case of just dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s.

Oakley been the obvious exception to this however that came from Greenock Tele side and resulted in a week or so of Morton tears so I’ll allow it. 

1 hour ago, diege said:

Just trying to get the gate money up

I have to say that was my take as a neutral  also- Brown gets lots of Celtic fans in and you have more money to find new players.

Brown tends to come across well when I hear him and no doubt Ayr have got 2 managers/ coaches who have played at a very high level - well done( and slightly surprising ) to Ayr.

The Championship looks as open as it’s been for years with no club on a much bigger budget than anyone else( ie no Dundee Utd or Dundee). So all to play for and very open.

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Are we sure McGinley was actually signed? Like, did anyone actually see him in an Ayr top, in person?

I could have sworn he came off the bench during our 2-0 defeat against Dunfermline at East End Park but can’t find any record of this. We made 5 subs, none of which were him so no idea who I saw. I blame the pre match beers in the Elizabethan. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I could have sworn he came off the bench during our 2-0 defeat against Dunfermline at East End Park but can’t find any record of this. We made 5 subs, none of which were him so no idea who I saw. I blame the pre match beers in the Elizabethan. 

Think he played in a reserve match, however if nobody saw it...did it really happen?

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He was on the bench but not used. We used Chalmers, Willoughby,  Syla, Smith and Tomlinson. 

54 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Think he played in a reserve match, however if nobody saw it...did it really happen?

He played 45 minutes in an ayr shirt in a closed doors match against Motherwell and left the club before the season ended ,