The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Hursty said:

He's meant to be decent isn't he?

QOS fans really rated him and said he was pretty much faultless last season. 

I’m glad it’s a loan where he’s been playing football and is taking a natural step up rather than being flung in with very little exposure. 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

He's meant to be decent isn't he?

Yeah, think he’s supposed to be the next keeper behind Clark/Gordon, Hearts trying to get him experience through the leagues for him to come in as number 1 for them eventually. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

But but but @Skyline Drifter said.

I said the talk was he was going to Falkirk a month ago. I also said things sometimes change in football very quickly.

Absolutely loving the tweet hint on it by the way. Clever. 🙂

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He’s no been the same since his defence of George Galloway. 

Find me a post where I ever defended George Galloway? Any post. I'll not hold my breath.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

QOS fans really rated him and said he was pretty much faultless last season. 

I’m glad it’s a loan where he’s been playing football and is taking a natural step up rather than being flung in with very little exposure. 

I wouldn't say he was "faultless". And he took a few games to settle in to begin with. He lost his place to Gordon Botterill after a month or so. When he got it back though he was excellent and his performance against Dundee United in the Scottish Cup was simply unbelievable. We've had some very good loan keepers in the last decade or so including Zander Clark, Robby McCrorie, Sol Brynn and Kevin Dzierzawski. Stone's as good as any of them.

Good signing, think he's a little better than Mutch so they'll be decent competition which hopefully will keep standards high.  

Seems a bit odd to sign a loan player in May but it'll mean he has the whole pre-season to work with the defence. Having him on loan means, if he's pish, we aren't saddled with him for the season. 

Posted (edited)

If you base it just off stats Mutch had 9 clean sheets for Edinburgh city compared to Stone’s 6 but difference between league 1 and championship but yeah happy enough with Stone and good to see our goalkeeping department is sorted for the season for now

Edited by muZZa__44

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

I never rated Mutch

I think he’s okay but can’t do what is expected of him in terms of being really comfortable with the ball. I’d say he’s a bottom end Championship goalie. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

Not sure I'd class any goalkeeper beaten to first choice by Jamie Sneddon as a good signing.

Haven’t you just re-signed David Mitchell who was literally back up to Jamie Sneedon last season. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Haven’t you just re-signed David Mitchell who was literally back up to Jamie Sneedon last season. 

He was injured for a large part of the season rather but even then a quick look at the Thistle thread would tell you we aren't calling him a good signing.